I Am Mine

by Euphemism 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

When the Pearl Jam single I Am Mine came out a little over a year ago, I was still a Witness. It's easy to see why the lyrics appealed to me at a time when I was subconsciously trying to free myself from the mind control.

I know that I was born and I know that I?ll die.
    The in between is mine.
    I am mine.
    We?re different behind the eyes, there?s no need to hide
    The sorrow grows bigger when the sorrow's denied.
    I only know my mind.
    I am mine.

Freedom has been a gradual process. I freed myself from my allegiance to the WTS in June. I freed my life from the routine of WTS service in October. I officially freed myself from membership in the WTS in November. And two weeks ago, I started a public blog, under my real name, in which I mentioned that I was an ex-Witness. So there is no reason now not to take the final step in freeing what is mine--my identity, my name--especially when it is already known to many here.

My name is Daniel Glick. And I am free.

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome again Dan, it's great to have you here and Piph. Both of you bring freshness and provoke our thinking abilities.

Blondie

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Congratulations on your freedom !!!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Congratulations, Dan. I'm happy to know you. And I agree with Blondie's comments: I think your writing and Piph's is a valuable asset to any forum.

SNG

• aunthill
    aunthill

Congratulations, Dan. I know it has been difficult for you. It will get better - freedom is wonderful.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Whoa Dan! whoohoo! way to go

envy, envy, envy

Odrade

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Bravo!!!!

*clap clap clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap*

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Way to go DanG!!

Someday I will expose my last name as being Watson... until then, Doc will have to suffice.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BTW, does this mean you'll switch to your "yes_that_dang" account?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Dang!!!!!

Love you two,

Kelly Adams!

(of the free class, too.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit