Norway...take #1 in World Idol !!!

by Special K 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

As per my prediction on morrislamb topic thread around Christmas.

and I quote:

"So .. I guess I'll go for the Hobbit to pull alot of votes, I think he might be an underdog type winner."..

And Yes.. he did win as the "World Idol"...Norways, Kirt Nielson... a plumber, married and father of two.

with Kelly Clarkson coming in 2nd..

I think Ryan Malcolm from my own country of Canada came somewhere around middle of the pack..

Any body else watch the results?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Gotta love them Norwegians!!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

He was great, and because of his looks, he was definatley the underdog. (Of course, I was rooting for my Kelly, but if someone were to beat her, I'm glad it was someone who could sing!) Actually, as long as he didn't open his mouth, he wasn't really bad looking. He just needs a good orthodontist!

And what was up with Ryan Seacrest plugging his new show right before he read the American public's voting results? That was a bit too self serving!

• Special K
    Special K

Your darn right Country guy..

I didn't think too much of Ryan Seacrest.. plugging his own show either..kind of self serving I thought.

and your also right.. the winner just needs a good dentist to fix those teeth...

special k

I thought Kelly placed well coming in 2nd.. and she looked great .

• City Fan
    City Fan

I don't suppose Kelly Clarkson or Will Young were too bothered about losing, they've both sold millions of CDs.

Norwegian guy was good but the trouble is I'd watched U2 Live at Slane Castle (a Christmas present) earlier in the day - now THAT is how to sing 'Beautiful Day'! Loved how the Pan-Arab judges gave Germany and Canana top marks.

By the way did other countries also have to suffer Posh Spice miming her way through her latest dirge before the results?

I also watched the 100 Worst pop songs last night. Interesting to see that judges Simon Cowell and Pete Waterman had produced more than 10 of the entries between them in the top 100.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I haven't watched the results yet (it's on my Tivo) but I voted for Norway last week. I thought the Polish judge was hilarious, or possibly insane, not sure which. Also, I really loved the music the girl from Jordan (?) chose, very haunting, and a reminder that English is not the only language in the world. I like Kelly - voted for her throughout American Idol - but her first cd was just produced way too fast and lacks depth. Hopefully her next cd will have more of her ini it. I did happen to hear a song on the radio tonight that I hadn't heard before and I liked it right away, turns out it's Clay Aiken's first single. I want to buy Ruben and Clay's cds but feel burned by the less-than-expected cd from Kelly and think I may just wait till their second cd when they've had time to mature into their own personalities. (Still waiting for that to happen to me!)

• Special K
    Special K

Okay guys here is the official placements in todays paper

1. Kurt Nilsen, Norway....106 points

2. Kelly Clarkson...USA.. 97 points

3. Peter Evrard..Belgium.. 83 pts

4. Heinz Winckler..South Africa..80 pts

5. Will Young..Britain..72 pts

6. Ryan Malcolm..Canada.. 62 pts

7. Guy Sebastian..Australia..56 pts

8. Alex... Poland.. 55 pts

9. Alexander Klaws.. Germany..45 pts

10.. Jamai Loman..Netherlands...36 pts.

I guess the biggest surprise for me was Peter Evard who sang a Nirvana..song.. He took alot more votes than I expected..

Special K

• rocketman
    rocketman

The Hobbit dude's got a strange-looking teeth thing going on. I haven't seen a worse mouth since Austin Powers. But, the guy can sing, and it's cool that he won even with the bad dental work.

Speaking of looks, Victoria Beckham looked gorgeous.

• Special K
    Special K

Kurt Nielsen, Norway

holds up his World Idol Trophy

Special K

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

amazing, you get to vote for an idol, amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit