Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

by bisous 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

Ok, granted I am a newly-transplanted Californian to Portland....so maybe not a big deal to most.

But I'm told this is unusual for Portland....Snow has been falling all morning, there are about 3 inches now...it is a soft, feathery dry snow. I've already been for a few walks ... it is so quiet and muted out especially for a city. People are out walking (can't drive!) with their dogs, tossing some snow balls, etc.

Yay! my doggy and I are lapping it up (literally and figuratively)!!! Woo Hoo, gonna go back out soon and build a snowgirl!

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

It's snowed all night here too. My kids are outside shovelling right now .

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hello Bisous,

In the Paris area it has been snowing all day, and this seldom happens (as the song goes, Paris mostly drizzles in the winter...). Tomorrow nothing will be left, since it is not cold enough. But we (especially my 7 y.o. daughter) enjoyed it all day long...

Happy new year to you and everybody (O.K., i wrote that already).

• bisous
    bisous

WoW! I have been in Paris a few different winters (Dec/Jan) and never got to see snow! how super!

I think it is hard to imagine Paris any more beautiful than it already is, but frosted with snow would do it. All the fabulous buildings with that extra touch....must be magical.

Incroyable! Merveilleux! (lol)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our snow is all gone! Maybe it will snow again though.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yeah, this is great! Doesn't hold a candle to the 1969 storm (3 weeks of sub-freezing temps, over a week of single-digit cold, and 3-foot snow-drifts in the west hills), but hey, it's better than a poke in the eye.

Now if Portlanders will just figure out that it ain't worth trying to drive in this stuff I-84 westbound is closed because somebody driving an old beater with bald tires couldn't figure out that it's slick out there

Looks like we've got about 2" on the ground here in cozy little Beaverton, and still coming down steady.

Craig

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Yeah, this is great! Doesn't hold a candle to the 1969 storm

Craig, was that the year all the New Year's Eve parties had to be cancelled? I remember that storm. We had a little blue VW, and it was buried in the driveway. All we could see was the side window. My kids were really little then, and only two of them. We eventually had four.

We are North of you, and our storms usually come from the South, so maybe we will get it eventually.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Cool bisous! I'm glad you're getting some snow. We dont' get much here in Texas. Make a snowball and have some fun!

• bisous
    bisous

Up to 6" in downtown Portland now! It calmed down for a couple of hours but now is really coming down again!

Snow-person taller than me constructed and in place....

Much romping and frolicking by me and Louie (my doggy) !!

*humming snow tunes*

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

WOOHOO!!! In the 16 1/2 years I have lived in OR I have NEVER seen this much snow actually fall and STICK!!! Having been raised in MT, this is pure HEAVEN!!!

My shepherd is originally from ID, so is "lapping it up too" LOL...don't which is more fun-watching the people or the critters!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

mushing mobbie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit