Nonesensical Answers Welcomed

by Guest 77 20 Replies latest social current

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Ok all you prognosticators, will Saddam get a quick trial and a quick sentence like Mcveigh or will it a long drawn out affair? Was Saddam set up by powerful forces beyond his imagination? Why your answer? Nonesensical answers welcomed. Looking forward to 2005!

Guest 77

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Nonesensical answers welcomed.

Can I mambo banana to the tuna patch?

Dogs barking; can't fly without umbrella.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

It will be an OJ-esque farce.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The trial of Saddam will likely be similar in tone to the trials of Nazi leaders in Nuremberg, Germany following World War 2.

There will be a lot of minimizing of Saddam's ACTUAL knowledge of crimes against humanity, and his lawyers will try to minimize his direct involvement in the heinous crimes against any non-supporters of his regime. And they'll try to show that under his watch, Iraq modernized this and that about itself.

It may take a while to cut through all the crap that will be used in his defense, and to shine light on the facts that pretty much everything that happened in Iraq in the 80's and 90's went exactly as he had planned, with the exception that he couldn't take Kuwait during Gulf War 1.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Saddam's lawyers will undoubtedly try to put America's leadership on trial too, trying to portray them as terroristic, etc. They'll try anything to divert attention away from his malicious misrule of his nation.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Gopher, some news sources say they will keep a tight lid on Saddam's revelations, if any.

Guest 77

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Nonesensical Answers Welcomed

Do you mean "nonsensical"?

\Non*sen"si*cal\, a. Without sense; unmeaning; absurb; foolish; irrational; preposterous.

I looked nonesensical in the dictionary. Couldn't find it.

Ok, I'll give it a try for a nonsensical answer.

Ok all you prognosticators, will Saddam get a quick trial and a quick sentence like Mcveigh or will it a long drawn out affair?

Christopher Columbus in 2007

Was Saddam set up by powerful forces beyond his imagination?

My great-grandchildren's grandchildren

Why your answer?

Will this be included in my disertation?

• Xena
    Xena
    Saddam's lawyers will undoubtedly try to put America's leadership on trial too, trying to portray them as terroristic, etc. They'll try anything to divert attention away from his malicious misrule of his nation.

Sounds like some posters I know

• jgnat
    jgnat

Will Saddam get a quick trial and a quick sentence like Mcveigh or will it a long drawn out affair? They will shoot for a long, drawn out affair. Saddam must be seen to be fully and completely humililated and disgraced. No martyrdom allowed. I predict, though, that Saddam won't last. If he finds an easy out through death, he will take it.

Was Saddam set up by powerful forces beyond his imagination? Uh, you mean like spiritual forces, or some mysterious world-ruling cabal? Naw. He was an opportunistic and wicked ruler who happened upon a nation ripe for his leadership skills. His end may have been dramatic and violent, but not unexpected for a tyrant.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I saw God at the Jethro Tull concert in 1976

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit