Are We Powerless To Beat The Watchtower At Its Own Game?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother was crying today because I've been influenced by "those apostates on the internet". JT, you dog. YOU screwed me up, man.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There are thousands of ways to fight injustice. I have anti-abortion friends. Some decided a positive approach would improve their image AND help them be more effective in their cause. One woman started a teen parent's group. Helpers provide rides to the meetings, haircuts, second-hand clothing, and basic car service. Another friend started Kids Kottage, a place where overwhelmed parents could drop off their children for a short break. In the meantime, the parents are pointed toward resources in the community for help.

The WTBTS in many ways is an anti-religion. They attract and keep converts by pointing out all the corruption and error elsewhere. When a member leaves, he will naturally be embittered and distrustful. If the one organization claiming to be the ONLY TRUTH turns out to be false, what is left? I figure any JW who stumbles on here is looking for answers, whether they admit to it or not. I find it satisfying to help that person along their road of self-discovery. Even if it is just one person at a time.

• minimus
    minimus

JT-----I didn't know Mary Kay was a bitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit