What is the WT's position on important topics like GOLF?

by onintwo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I forgot to mention oninfour......if your ever in california.......I'd be glad to play some golf with you.

....( did you like the "oninfour" bit?)

Gumby

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Hey, Englishman. You must be a player yourself...to have a little golf curio like that. Or are you just that good in PhotoShop?

These seem to be a new range of ornaments for Christians that are probably meant to show that Jesus is with us wherever we go and whatever we do. Jay Leno recently showed an ad for a football version on Headlines.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Onintwo,

Here's a link to a picture of that Jesus-football curio Stephanus mentioned:
    http://williambader.com/jesusfootball.jpg

Christ, that's weird. Who would buy that??

SNG

• r51785
    r51785

Onintwo if you're ever in California I'll volunteer to join you and Gumby (now if we can only find one more).

I'm partial to the Temecula Creek Inn golf resort in Temecula, Trilogy Golf Club in Corona, and Goose Creek in Mira Loma...

• onintwo
    onintwo

Thanks Gumby! Also r517! Wife and I are taking the sticks when we travel to San Diego this January. Gonna hit a few courses while attending a convention....no, not that kind of convention. A real, honest-to-goodness tradeshow. Taking plenty of Kingdom Melodies for seat saving during the seminars, though.

Might go ahead and break all the rules, too. Eat and drink while walking around during the sessions, maybe even talk at inappropriate times. Who knows! May even skate out during the morning session if it gets boring, go without a necktie, yeah that kind of thing! . .............There's a new wind a-blowing, and my sails are filling nicely. God, I miss the 'troof'. (not)

Onintwo

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Not at all! Some of our best committee meetings were conducted on the back nine.........

Hey, I work for the City of Palm Desert, and can get a City deal at Desert Willow...five star baby!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

gumby is so right about about DOs and COs playing golf, especially on Monday when the rest of us have to work. I've heard a couple of them snickering about the fact that "their" boss gives them Monday off for golf.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I would think that they'd love GOLF- they seem to be using quite a few "mulligans"-especially armageddon date-wise

SOOO BUMMED- no golf here till late April !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit