Apostates - some common misconceptions

by truthseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

As a follow on to my post on the Feb 15th WT, Guard Against Deception, I thought it would be interesting to summarize some common misconceptions the Society has about apostates.

The Society Says

Satan has long used apostates in his efforts to seduce God's servants

• I can only think of Judas, and really, are we assuming that Satan is influencing everyone that opens their eyes to this religion?

Apostates claim to worship Jehovah, but they reject the visible part of his organization

• Apostates can worship Jehovah. No mention of any specific organization or governing body is mentioned for the 20th and 21st century

What is it that apostates want?

• Apostates want to warn their loved ones about this destructive cult and its mind numbing mind control

Apostates are not content to leave the faith, they want to take others with them

• Jehovah's Witnesses are not content to let people believe what they want so they keep on knocking at your door

Apostates will "carry you off as his prey"

• To the contrary, how many of you here who were helped out feel that you are 'prey' ?

Apostates are like kidnappers carrying away unsuspecting victims

• Do you feel kidnapped?

Apostates prey on trusting members of the congregation

• I have yet to see apostates prey on members of the congregation.

Apostates resort to half-truths, distortions and outright falsehoods

• Apostates use the Society's own literature to convict them out of their own writings

Apostates tell "all kinds of evil lies"

• This is really covered by the above answer

Apostates are malicious opposers

• Malicious is a storng word. But the way the Society has treated child abuse victims, their advocates, parents who went to the police and the wrongly accused and disfellowshipped ones is enought to make anyone angry.

Apostates spread counterfiet words and deceptive teachings

• Again, apostates encourage ones to use their Bible and study the Society's own literature and history

Apostates succeed in "subverting the faith of some"

• Obviously, the light gets brighter

Apostates cause divisions

• Apostates do not cause divisions. How many of you here agree that the Society's teachings are wrong? All of you? No divisions then.

Apostates do not have your well being at heart

• Hardly, many so-called apostates are trapped in an organization just to be able to talk to their loved ones.

It is a mistake to listen to apostates or read their writings

• Quite the contrary, the mistake is not to listen to apostates or read their writings.
  • sens
    sens
    Apostates are like kidnappers carrying away unsuspecting victims

LOL!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Grabs Sens ***

Come on babe... you're coming with me!

• sens
    sens
    Come on babe... you're coming with me!

just admit it elsewhere u want to have your wicked way with me....

ps...whats with the new avatar ?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My intentions with you are always less than honorable!

That's my Kissy Prince Frog... all you have to do is kiss him and he will become a prince!

• sens
    sens
    That's my Kissy Prince Frog... all you have to do is kiss him and he will become a prince!

ohhhhh I thought it was the humping frog that u forward to 10 people in 5 minutes , usually they come from people who fall for the mass email frenzys

forward it 2 10 people in 5 minutes and have great sex all year etc etc etc

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hell, that wasn't me sending pics of humping frogs! I'd NEVER do that!

Of course I'll POST pics of humping frogs!

• sens
    sens

LOL!!!!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors will "carry you off as his prey"

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors are like kidnappers carrying away unsuspecting victims

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors prey on trusting members of the congregation

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors resort to half-truths, distortions and outright falsehoods

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors tell "all kinds of evil lies"

JW Pedophiles/Child Molestors do not have your well being at heart

• DIM
    DIM

some things I've learned about apostates since leaving the JW's:

1. Most are bitter people who can't let go (does not apply to some people, such as Princess and family and others I've met)

2. Most have an "agenda" just like JW's. Exactly the same as JW's, just with a mindset against

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit