Reasoning With the Sisters

by GinnyTosken 13 Replies latest jw friends

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

I received this from a mailing list and thought I'd share.

Ginny

A new publication is now available called Reasoning with the Sisters. Single brothers are encouraged to read and apply this vital information.

Reasoning with the Sisters

* * * INTRODUCTIONS * * *

CURRENT EVENTS

Good evening. My name is ---- ----. I'm a brother from (name of congregation). Did you see the TV news last night? That report on (mention some current item of concern, but don't talk about cars or sports) was very interesting. What did you think about it?

It is not unusual for sisters to be concerned about these issues, but I believe that we are living in a time when we should be getting to know each other better. (Ask her to go out witnessing.)

LOVE/KINDNESS

I have found that many sisters are quite concerned about the lack of available brothers in the surrounding congregations. Do you feel that way, too? Why do you think this is the trend? . . . Did you know that I am personally interested in you? (Explain why.)

WHEN SISTERS SAY: "I'M BUSY"

Hi, my name is ---- ----. I want to discuss with you how we can get
    to know each other better. I can see that you are busy (or about to go home). May we get together for lunch on Saturday after field service and discuss it further?

* * * How You Might Respond To Potential Conversation Stoppers * * *

"I'M NOT INTERESTED"

May I ask, do you mean that you are not interested in me or is it brothers in general who don't interest you? I ask that because I have met many sisters who at one time were interested in brothers, but aren't anymore because they think brothers are hypocritical (or chauvinistic, arrogant idiots, not spiritual enough, etc.). I don't approve of such attitudes myself, and if you get to know me, I believe we could both look to the future with confidence.

OR If you mean that you're not interested in having another boyfriend, I can understand that. But more likely you are interested in your future. Can you see any prospect for a relationship in the future?

OR Is that because you already have a boyfriend? . . . Tell me, do you think you will ever see a time when it will work out? . . . What seems to stand in the way?

"I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOU"

Many sisters tell me that. Have you ever wondered why brothers like myself keep trying, even though sisters generally may not be interested?

OR I can appreciate that, because I used to feel the same way about a sister. But, just to be fair, I decided to listen to her. And I found out that I hadn't been told the truth about her. Now we are good friends.

OTHER TIPS

Keeping good records is the key to following up and developing a study of each other in the future.

Never ask if she got a chance to read the letters you sent her; instead, ask if she had any questions.

Always mention that she could make a voluntary donation of time spent with you.

Be sure to make definite arrangements to get together again . . . naming the date and time.

And remember, give HER the chance to accept or refuse . . . we cannot prejudge.

Finally, if she refuses, it is not you who is being rejected; rather, it is your message of commitment.

COMING SOON

Insight On The Sisters . . . already seven volumes, and continuing to grow.

"Sisters - What happens to us when they cry?"
    "Knowledge that Leads to an Everlasting Wife"
    "Questions Old People Ask, Answers They Forget"
    "Your Youths - Getting the most out of them"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Put me down for 200 copies of Insight on the Sisters!

Slipnslidemaster: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey umm Ginny where can I get one of those??? I think I'll need it with Yadirf!!

Ven

• hybridous
    hybridous

All that work...just to get a piece. It almost seems it isn't worth it. Well,......almost....

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, dear GT, and may you have peace!

Just wanted to let you know that I particularly like the one that said:

"OR I can appreciate that, because I used to feel
    the same way about a sister. But, JUST TO BE FAIR
    (sure, okay), I decided to listen to HER (uh-huh,
    yeah right). And I found out that I hadn't been
    told the truth about her (well, well). Now we are
    good friends."

This is such a funny 'spoof' on the WTBTS' assertion that they lend equal 'ear' to those who wish to share information with them and then actually change their belief or opinion of such one. Sure, okay, uh-huh, yeah, right.

Your servant and slave of Christ,

SJ (who is DEFINITELY 'sighing and groaning' over the detestable things going on in that 'city'...)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

This little humorous piece "Reasoning with the Sisters" has been around a while; it was being distributed by Bethelites here in Oz last year.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• jelly
    jelly

I knew this had to be a joke, there is no reasoning with sisters you just have to smack them on the butt and tell them to straighten up.

Jelly

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ Jelly

NOW you're in for it!!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

GT,

Those chat up lines will never work on the sisters or any women. One has to be direct but subtle. I always use the same chat up line, I have a lot of time on my own to practice it. It goes like this :-

Do you er like Gladiators?

• freddi
    freddi

jelly,
    don't forget to use a paddle. this from a woman who loves a good paddling.
    SMILE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit