HELP WITH U.N INFO...PLEASE.

by integ 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• integ
    integ

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could direct me to where I can download actual copies of The Watchtowers response to the Un scandal, and any other info I can download to show someone who is convinced it's "all lies". I tried the search feature on this site, and for some reason it did'nt work for me. Thank's for any help you can provide with this.

Integ.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Integ -

I have a copy of it on my hard drive - not sure where I got it. Tried copying and pasting it here - couldn't get it to work. If you pm me with your e-mail address, I'll send it to you.

growedup

P.S. I also have copies of other related docs if you're interested...

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Here it is:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/wtresponseun.htm

Here is another WT response:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/gillies.htm

Here is UN letter of disassociation with WT:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unfax.jpg

Here are details of library card usage:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/lieforun.htm

Also, here's a link on the UN site that shows that the WT actually submitted material to them to keep their NGO status current:

http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm

(Why would the UN have this on their site if the WT was not fornicating with them?)

growedup

• avengers
    avengers

I'll put up more as I find it. Here's a start:

excerpt:"

United Nations Nations Unies

HEADQUARTERS ? SIEGE NEW YORK, N Y 1 0 0 1 7

TEL. : 1 (212)963 - 1234 - FAX : 1 (212) 963 - 4879

18 March 2002

Dear Mr. XX,

In reply to your letter dated 19 Februrary 2002, please be informed of the following:

1.The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., an NGO, had been associated with the DPI since 1992 and requested to terminate its association in 2001. the request was granted on 9 October 2001. According to the website www.watchtower.org, the organization is ?a legal organization in use by Jehovah?s Witnesses.?
    2.The United Nations does not force or ?trick? any NGO to be associated with DPI.
    3.The criteria for association for NGOs have not been changed since 1991.

We are also attaching a copy of response from our office to inquiries about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Sincerely,

Lyutha Al-Mughairy
    Chief
    Public Liaison Service
    Department of Public Information

cc: S. Tharoor
    T. Gastaut
    P. Hoeffel

" end excerpt

• avengers
    avengers
    avengers WT Netherlands response (english translation)

Post 11 of 1624
    since 04-Oct-01

56 y 7 m 24 d

Below is the english translation of the WT response (which is in dutch). I have tried to translate as accurate as possible. If anyone thinks that the translation is not accurate enough, please send me an E-mail.

excerpt

WACHTTOREN Postbank 183765
    BIJBEL- EN TRAKTAATGENOOTSCHAP ING Bank 66.43.24.533

NOORDBARGERSTRAAT 77 7812 AA EMMEN NEDERLAND
    TELEFOON (0591) 68 35 55

SCA 8 november 2001

Mr. A. van xxxxxx

Beloved brother Van xxxxxx

Your 5 November letter, with enclosure is in our possession. Because we could not make up out of your letter how we should address you in our answer, we have for the good order informed the elders of congregation Emmen-Angelslo to ask if they know you.

We have now understood that, though you are momentarily not actively connected to the local congregation, you are in fact a baptized Witness---therefore the above opening words.We don?t know if you may already have done inquiries in the congregation, about the in your letter named matter, and therefore we are sending the responsible elders a copy of our answer, so that they in any way are informed.

Your question came down to this if the Society during a certain period has been a member of the United Nations and how that can be viewed in the light of what has been published in our reading matter about that organization (for instance in chapter 34 of the Revelation-book). We would like to give the following reaction.

In "De Wachttoren" of October 1 1995 was on page 7 a paragraph titled "The Christian view on the United Nations". Inthere was said that Jehovah?s Witnesses view the UN just as they view other governments in the world, namely as a "superior authority".---Romans 13:1

There cannot be said "that the Society was a member of the UN". Though the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York has during a certain period been registerd at the UN as an NGO (?non-governmental organization?). What formed for that the reason, and why is that now not anymore the case?

The purpose of being registered at named corporation with the ?Department of Public Information?as a ?non governmental organization?in 1991 was to have access to available research-material about health, ecology, and social problems at the library-facilities of the United Nations. The library was during many years before 1991 used, but in that year it became necessary to register as an NGO in order to continue the entry. The registrationpapers that were submitted to the United Nations and that the Society has in her archives, contain no declarations which are in conflict with our christian beliefs. On top of that are NGO?s informed that "association of NGO?s with the DPI doesn?t make that they are taken in to the system of the United Nations, nor does it

SXA 8 november 2001
    Page 2

give connected organizations or their staff any right or any sort of privilege or any exemption or special status".¹ Nevertheless contain the Criteria of Alliance of NGO?s ----at least in their latest version ---- terms which we cannot underwrite. When the Society realized this, the registration was immediately withdrawn. They were thankful that the matter was brought to their attention.

We trust it to have been of service to you with this information and send you our cordial greetings and wishes for Jehovah?s blessing,

your brothers,

WachttorenB.&T.Genootschap

C: body of elders,
    congregation Emmen-Angelso

¹ The English version of this citation is: "Association of NGOs with the DPI does not constitute their
    incorporation into the United Nations system, nor does it entitle associated organizations or their staff to any kind of privileges, immunities or special status~"

end of excerpt

This raises more questions. first of all they did not answer my question. I asked how it was posible that they could associate with the wild beast and at the same time tell the brothers and sisters you cannot associate with it. They admitted in this letter that they have had association. If I would associate myself then I would be disfellowshipped. secondly. they say they have copies of the application in their archives. I would like to see them. Third: They say that when they found out they could no longer underwrite the Criteria of Alliance then they withdrew themselves. Can anyone tell me what those changes were.
    fourth. (I will quit here, because I have many more questions) They say they didn't know they were wrong until someone made it clear to them. They admitted they were wrong. They didn't look to Jehovah for help but turned to the wild beast. And it took birdseed to show them the error of their ways. There are 2 possibilities: They are lying or they're very stupid. If they're lying then they cannot be God's servants, thus unable to lead the people into the new world. If they're stupid, which I don't think they are then they are incapable of leadership. So they weren't a member. They just associated with the wild beast. Tonight I shall go to the local whorehouse to associate with the whores. That doesn't make me a member. Baffling isn't even the word anymore to describe it.

• avengers
    avengers

Here is the copy of the news release I've been sending out to the newspapers here in Oregon. Future contacts will reflect the new developments such as the name being removed from the list of NGO's, etc. Also, such matters will be cared for like mentioning the ones investigating and calling include both current and former members. Anyone wishing to use it, all or in part, are surely welcome.

Again I must mention that all this is, is a modified form of Detective's original.

For immediate release:
    (541) 946-1231 [email protected]

Controversial Religious Sect's association with United Nations withdrawn after former sect members blow the whistle.

Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses recently made a scandalous discovery when they learned the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovah's Witnesses, had affiliated itself with the United Nations by soliciting to become an associated Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Former members flooded the United Nations and The Watchtower's headquarters in Brooklyn with phone calls, protesting that for years the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has issued scathing statements in its magazines and from the podium that malign the United Nations, dubbing it the "disgusting thing" and likening it to the "scarlet colored wild beast" of the bible. The Watchtower Organization seemingly bowed to pressure from former and current members alike by withdrawing its status earlier this week.

While a seemingly harmless affiliation to most of us, the reckoning of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's quietly associating itself with the U.N. is the making of a substantial scandal for the controversial religious organization. Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses argued that the Watchtower Society has repeatedly painted a vile description of the United Nations and it's goals before an audience of about six million adherents. Recently, however, the United Nations received an unprecedented number of phone calls from outraged former members who stumbled upon the news that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, who made an art out of skewering the United Nations in it's publications, has been an affiliated NGO since 1991. That?s a far cry from standing apart from the "disgusting thing", as they have often described it.

Why is this newsworthy?

Stunned former members of Jehovah's Witnesses learned of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's association with the United Nations and initiated a grass roots effort to draw attention to the situation. That could prove enormously embarrassing to the United Nations and spark revolt among the rank and file members of the sect. This revelation could be highly detrimental to the credibility of Watchtower Bible and
    Tract Society in the eyes of both the United Nations and of the religious organization's millions of adherents. Former members allege that the sect misled the United Nations by petitioning to support and promote it's purposes while simultaneously maligning it before the Watchtower Society's millions of faithful believers as well as the general public.

Most rank and file members had no knowledge of the Watchtower Society's affiliation with the United Nations, and, as they have been led to believe the United Nations represents the "Scarlet-colored wild beast" of the bible, they would be shocked to learn of this affiliation.

This relationship between the two organizations was clearly fraudulent to both the rank and file and the United Nations Organization itself. In it?s original charter outlining the requirements for NGO?s to become ?partners? (the UN?s word) with them, the UN clearly states that it is mandatory that all NGO?s are to support their goals. How the Watchtower Society managed to deceive the UN are some of the most audacious methods this writer has seen.

Acquiring the status of an NGO entitles an organization world status, benefits, and privileges they could get in no other way. It appears that the Watchtower Organization partook of them freely.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To further investigate this unfolding controversy, you may contact me at the numbers above. The email address would be the most convenient, as my schedule is erratic.

This situation is extremely well documented. Any detail that you wish clarified and/or verified is available.

Additionally, you will find further information below to assist you in your research.
    For the United Nations:

An address to send correspondence regarding an NGO:

NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070 L
    New York, NY 10017, USA
    Tel: (212) 963-6842
    Fax: (212) 963-6914

A web site listing an NGO?s responsibilities:

target=_newhttp://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm>

A web site listing all NGO?s:
    target=_newhttp://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph/alphabet.htm>

Feel free to make suggestions.

LoneWolf
    Alias: Tom Howell

• avengers
    avengers

I have more data related to the UN issue. If you need I'll post more. Whatever it takes.

Good luck........Andy

• sanduleak
    sanduleak

There is a comprehensive german documentation in .pdf-format about the connection between the watchtower society and the united nations on the website http://www.infolink-net.de/docs/politik/WTG-UN2.pdf

And also a documentation about the abuse-policy of the watchtower-society at http://www.infolink-net.de/docs/politik/WTG-missbrauch2.pdf

Maybe there is somebody who writes something similar in english language.

sanduleak

• sunshine
    sunshine

hi there...

I found lots of information on a german website. I e-mailed the UN directly at [email protected] and after about 8 days I received an e-mail from them. They sent the letter that they have been sending to all who inquire about this. It is generic letter, but it came from the UN and was sent directly to me.

Hope this helps.

Sunshine

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

All of these are good, but I didn't see any answer about an official response in the Watchtower. To the best of my knowledge, there is none. Rather, the majority of the response is assembly parts, etc., consisting mainly of evasions, claims of being persecuted, and out-and-out lies. There is an official letter sent as a private letter to individuals who write in about it. That is one solid lie from beginning to end.

I would say that a better approach would be to refer them to the Sept. 8, 1991 Awake! magazine. It's found in most Kingdom Hall libraries in the 1991 Bound Volume. The first three articles are a glowing description of the United Nations. Only one who knows the Witnesses well will see the astonishing amount of duplicity contained in the final paragraph of the third article. The reason it was written that way was because these articles were published for the purpose of deceiving the United Nations into thinking that the Society supported them, and would then grant them the status of NGO.

You wouldn't really need to say much, as the dishonesty is there for all to see.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit