DA'd on Christmas, and my mother calling me

by Redneckgurl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

I knew this wouldn't be easy. First of all, our announcement was read in 2 congregations, since we had just switched about 2 years ago. The one my parents and longtime friends are in heard it on Thursday, how ironic? My mother called me on Friday, and she was crying from the start. "how could you? how could you do this to us? you are so wrong, you are listening to Satan, listening to lies, how could you do this to your family?"

I told her I was not doing this to my family, that I would not discuss this with her in such an emotional way because this was not an emotional decision that I made. Then my phone cut off because I was in a bad area with hills, so she probably thinks I hung up on her! People are irrational when they are emotional, and she is and always has been an emotional basket case. So, I am sure she is going to be in tears most of the time now, looking like she is ill and in mourning for months, and will have even more people feeling sorry for her pathetic life. My husbands parents just said we put them in a position that they don't want to be in, and his sister said not to be surprised when we are not invited to her wedding. So loving, right?

Glad I have my husband and friends to support me in this. And you all!

Krissy

• JT
    JT

you will be just fine, ck your PM left you a message

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"Why are you making up shoot you???" That is basically what they are asking.

Ever watch a show with someone who was a bit "unbalanced" and they think that they only way to solve a problem is to shoot everyone? That's what you have here.

"Why are you making me shoot you???"

• Funchback
    Funchback

If living a lie is how you are supposed retain your JW family and friends, then who the hell needs 'em?

If they truly love you and care about you and want you to be happy, they will respect your decision and will not shun you. Of course, it will take those TRUE family and friends to dig deep into their hearts and ignore the indoctrination they've received from the WTS over the years.

Hang in there, gurl!

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

The question for me was not, "Will it be easy?" but "Is it the right thing to do?" And it seems that you took the same approach. I have found that it is easier to live with the freedom and sense of self-approval that comes from having acted on principle, and letting the chips fall where they may, than with what I imagine to be the probable results of more expedient / less principled behavior. I also consider that I am setting a better example for friends and relatives who may one day choose to leave the organization.

To readers who have chosen a different course, and who may interpret your own actions based on different criteria, I do not judge you adversely; you also have my support. Each of us must live with the consequences of his/her actions. I took the course that I felt would produce the results that I could best live with.

Compassion, approval, support ~

Cruithne

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Krissy..

I may have mentioned this before .. or maybe I just thought it...

Every year on Dect 25 you will have two days off to celebrate the decision that you made..and that is to

"Live FREE!!!"...

You can celebrate this every year on Dec 25th by erecting a tree and putting up decorative lights... and giving gifts to those who celebrate "Free Life".. with you.

SOUNDS ALL GREAT To ME......

When I was d'fd my mom felt I had died too..I guess this is not an uncommon reaction for mom's. After all they sincerely believe this stuff..

You have shown courage to break this chain of family J.W.'ism ..in your family line. Good for you Krissy.

I stand up and applaud your decisions in this matter.

sincerely

Special K

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "how could you? how could you do this to us?

Wow that's incredibly passive aggressive! She's pulling out every guilt hook she can in an attempt to control you and your life. Forgive me, but this is not the act of a loving parent. This is someone who is into control, and now that she sees she cannot control you, she reacts in anger using guilt as her punishment.

I've got two children, and honestly, whatever they grow up to be and do with their lives is okay by me. I realize it is their life; not mine. No matter what they do, or where they go, I will love them and keep them as part of my family. They are after all, my children. Anyone who puts their children under conditional love, in my opinion, is a poor parent, and an even worse christian.

Be well,

Chris

• mouthy
    mouthy

This is what you need at this time from us all GROUP HUG((((((HUG)))))Hang in there love..It is never easy to stand for truth....But truth will prevail

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Can I give everybody a hug? Gee whiz what a rotten thing parents do to their children and don't you love it when they say to you look what you've done to our family and name. Guess what parents? We make our own decsions and don't need any quilt trips heaped upon us because we see the hypocrisy of the Orangaization. We are not little children who don't know what we want to do in our lives.

Heres the one my parents said to my just look at the reproach you bring on Jehovah's name.

It irrates me to know end that they seem to think they know everything about everything.

Wake up familes we do our own things and you but out of ours and we won't interfere with yours.

Mouthy where are u when we need a hug from you.

Wish you dear all they very best , we love you.

And I know I love ya too Krissy

Orangefatcat.. hugs and kisses

• acsot
    acsot

I'm with Mouthy - group hug everybody, 'specially for you RNG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit