Banned From The Bible - History Channel

by DevonMcBride 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Did anyone else see this show on the History Channel? They showed the Gospels and stories the councils chose not to put in the bible and gave scholars perspectives as to why.

Devon

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yes, I say that last night, something about the Gnostic Bible. I was meaning to do some research on it. It amzing that men have decided what books go into the bible yet the bible is the word of God.

Just strengthens my theory that the Bible is a 2000 page sleeping pill!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    the Bible is a 2000 page sleeping pill!

That's a frigg'in big pill!!! I'm glad I don't have insomnia!!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes my hubby and i watched the entire thing. The whole day (on the History channel) was dedicated to history of Bible and later the banned books. I most wanted to read the Book of Enoch (sp) b/c it talked in depth about the angles that came to earth and married women.

Another interesting one is the Book of Mary . They claim Mary to always be a virgin and that all of Jesus Bro/Sis's are from Joseph's first wife.They claim this so Mary can be an eternal virgin. In fact, they claim Mary had an immaculate conception herself.

Weds

• Simon
    Simon

A district assembly in tablet form ... now there's a sleeping pill !!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Simon,

tablet form ... now there's a sleeping pill

LOL! That is so punny!

Wednesday,

Here's a link to the gnostic writings:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

growedup

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I didn't get a chance to watch these shows but I have seen other shows on the other Gospel accounts. I hope I get a chance to see them later. If you do any research on how the bible canon was developed over the centuries the less and less faith you have in its authenticity. The reason why we have the biblical books we have today was for political and religious mind control over the people. If you read the Gnostic Gospel accounts of Jesus you will see a far different person than what we have been led to believe he was. The Gnostic accounts portray Jesus message to his followers as being self actualizing, self sufficient and not relying on a church for direction. So the reason why these books were suppressed was so the early church could hold their mind control over their followers.

Will

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

I saw the same show. There are sites all over the internet where you can download the books for free. There are 3 books of Enoch. I have the book of Thomas, and missing verses of Daniel chapter 1. There are a lot more. Interesting stuff.

Dyan

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I thought the Gospel of Nicodemus sounded very interesting too.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It was a fascinating program, especially after reading "The DaVinci Code." I don't blame Pilate for asking "what is truth?"

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit