Smokers anonymous

by Vivamus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I made a post like this ages ago too, but this time I am actually succeeding to ..... quit smoking.

I decided to quit a couple of weeks ago, but wanted a quiet time to actually do it. And so I decided to smoke my last between Christmas and New-Years. I also wanted to get something out of it so I made a deal with my mum, I'd get a new kick-ass comp (that I did get) if I should quit smoking (turns out btw that she had already decided to give me one too, lol, we must be related....)

Anyway, last weekend I bought four packs, thinking I would last the week with those, and decided that those four would be the last I would buy. Turns out I was finished with them by Tuesday, and so ? since then ? I have not smoked. This is day three, and I gotta tell you, it is not so bad ?

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl *weeping cuz she does wanne smoke, but won?t give in to temptation*

• shamus
    shamus

Congrats, Vivamus!

You have much to be proud of! When I quit, it was the hardest....

Hang in there, and wait till after new years and get that computer.

Again, good for you! Hang in there, and you will not regret it!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Good Viv !!!

I've been good on this part but without noticing it at first ... I went from 2 packs of cig a day to 1 pack a day ... don't even know when it really started (I buy them by 10 packs) but it is about 4 to 5 weeks now ... who knows ? maybe I'm over with that sh*t !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Keep up the good work - I stopped smoking in 1983 as I was studying to become a witness -- it was easier than I thought at first -- jsut try and avoid those situations where a cigarette goes well -- so I found it difficult when I was having a beer in a bar/pub -- so I drank at home if I was craving a ciggie. Sometimes I also had the craving when I had my first morning cup of coffee -- but I was determined not to smoke -- and it was best thing I ever did -- breath did not smell, clothes did not. food tasted better and I saved a load of money also. Keep up the good work Viv

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Shamus, I already got it . My mum trusts my word on it, and so I am typing on a kick-ass comp right now

French, oh my, two packs a day. My highest score was 1.5 packs a day, and I brought that down to one a day with much trouble. Good on you to have slowed down the smoking-pace, keep it up

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Viv!

Hang in there!

I haven't smoked, so I don't know the temptation, but I understand from anyone who has smoked, then quit, it can be tough.

So good for you for trying, and I hope you quit.

Best wishes, from your foster Canuck brother,
    RAY

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Stillan .. yeah, I know those moments. I have a hard time when I have just brushed my teeth, cuz a ciggie tastes so damn good then. Or after dinner. Or... damn, I can at times just see the ciggie in my hands, so much is the craving for them.

But I won't give in ... I have told myself to quit, and so that is what I will do, I'll be damned if I let my addictive nature get the best of me

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• shamus
    shamus

Well,

Looky who's so popular? 8 replies in 10 minutes... LOL!

Vivamus, you rock the JWD world!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Thanx Ray Well, I am told that it is impossible to envision the horror of withdrawal, when one has not smoked. Apparantly it is also a great deal of fun to watch an ex-smoker go through with it, lol, if I may judge based on the reaction of my friends here at home

Thanx for the wishes. Hugs to you my foster canuck brother

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl *who is eating too much chocolate as a replacement at the moment....*

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lol, Shamus ... rock on

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit