lonely christmas

by maybesbabies 19 Replies latest social relationships

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Ack! I can't stand it anymore! I've been broken up with my boyfriend for two weeks now, and this is my first x-mas alone in 3 years. My heart is hurting so bad, and even though I have wonderful friends here, I am in so much pain. He's in Ohio, and I came all the way out to Seattle to get away. Now, all I want is to be back in his arms, feel that comfort of being close to another human being, sleep next to him again, open presents with him. I can't stand it!!!! I feel like I'm going nuts. Can't live with him, can't live without him. On the phone, he sounds like the man I fell in love with, not the man he became when we moved to Ohio. How the hell do you get over someone you love so much???? I thought it was hard just leaving him, but now it just seems to get harder every day. I don't want things to be the way they were, I was unhappy in Ohio, but I remember all the good years, and it makes it very hard to be alone. Sorry for blabbing on, just need to cry on your collective shoulder.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

(((maybe)))

Sorry youo're not having a great time right now... I'm sure things will get better! We just need to plan another Washington apostafest. That will help.

Hang in there...

• Frantic
    Frantic

awwww I feel for you. Trying to let go, really sucks. Its easier for me to say, but, dwelling on the past gets u no where. I hope u find a new man quick, really I do. Turn to ur best friend for guidance, that not being ur now ex.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    How the hell do you get over someone you love so much????

When you can't get along, which is what it sounds like your problem was? You get over them by getting married to them and having them get on your every nerve for several years til you hate their guts.

I'm guessing that's not what you want to hear, but it's the best I can do. You already found out you don't get along. Concentrated pain of a breakup is better than protracted pain of staying together when your relationship makes you feel like you're bound together with razor wire...every move cuts both of you.

Sorry, hun...the best I can say is try real hard to stop focusing on how much you miss him and any good qualities he had (you can remember the good stuff later, when you're over him). Focus on getting on with your life...even if it's "what am I going to fix for supper?" and "what will I watch on tv tonight?"

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Growing pains? That comes with the territory, sweetheart! Remember this, every pain your able to handle and endure, you become a better person for it. Do you know how many others have gone through what your experiencing? I really don't think your interested in hearing any of my many LONELY days and years of life that I've gone through, RIGHT? Yet, I'm still here and as I said, you become a better person for it.

There's plenty to do when you put your mind on to other interests. Aslief has given you some suggestions. Reading is an awesome way to get your mind focused on other matters. If you continue reflecting and dwelling on your past, expect misery, learn the lessons of your past. Learn to be alone! There's plenty of other things in life that makes life worth living!

Guest 77

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*graps Maybesbabies by the shoulders and shakes her real hard*

Snap out of it girl....you need someone that will treat you with the respect you deserve,

remember this:

As some of you know, I moved to Ohio 4 months ago with my boyfriend of 3 years, who pretty much ignored me the second we got here.

We are beginning a new year in a few days....everything will be fresh and new....Good luck with your new life, year and dreams.......

We are all pulling for you, and are here to help you in any way we can...It WILL get better.

Hugs,

Lisa

• Islandboy99
    Islandboy99

Is he worldly and your age?........ I hate to say it but 3 years with the same girl when a guy is young can get a bit routine.. Be VERY careful !!! You'll find yourself in much more pain when you're the girl he comes home to when he can't pick up...

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Maybes))) ...
    I guess there is a reason why you didn't stay together ... So maybe it's better this way ... the past is the past ... but I understand ...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybes~~Now Granny is gonna talk.!!( No dont go to the next thread!!!! I am so sorry your going through a lonely time & ache to be held!!!! I have been there done that Yes even at my age!!!! Christmas is a VERY hard time for MANY,MANY people -Not just because of a false religion they have experienced,,,,When my little one died I thought the pain wouldnt stop_It did_ when my husband died I ached also for years! When my son died I thought "I cant endure" Them my beloved baby died!Yes she was 42 -but never the less I adored her. That!!! I thought was the last straw!!!!This Christmas I sat & cried many times...I miss them all. YET!!!!! I have MUCH to thank my God for .... MANY,MANY wonderful memories, Friends! a clean bed! a roof over my head! food in the fridge. Your so young sweetie ....You will find a good mate if your patient- Lonilness can lead us into dark places if we dont watch out- Imagine if you felt ignored while you were with your boyfriend,,,Think how it would be if you married him!!!! & got babies! & HAD to stay with him the loneliness would still be there -You can be lonely in a crowd...So this too will pass-Just float into the next year!!!!My hopes for you are Peace of mind & heart ((((HUG)))

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Tamar))))

Its hard, and yes Xmas is the worst time to be feeling vulnerable. It will get better - and just look forward to all the Christmas' you have to come, with someone who really is on the same page & truly completes you!

Now, wash that man right outta your hair, and get yourself ready for something even better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit