Merry Christmas from corporate America

by William Penwell 23 Replies latest social current

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

US companies moving more jobs to India but quietly

David Zielenziger (Reuters)
    New York, December 24

US corporations are picking up the pace in shifting well-paid technology jobs to India, China and other low-cost centres, but they are keeping quiet for fear of a backlash, industry professionals said.

Morgan Stanley estimates the number of US jobs outsourced to India will double to about 150,000 in the next three years. Analysts predict as many as two million US white-collar jobs such as programmers, software engineers and applications designers will shift to low cost centers by 2014.

But the biggest companies looking to "offshoring" to cut costs, such as Microsoft Corp., International Business Machines Corp. and AT&T Wireless, are reluctant to attract attention for political reasons, observers said this week.

"The problem is that companies aren't sure if it's politically correct to talk about it," said Jack Trout, a principal of Trout & Partners, a marketing and strategy firm. "Nobody has come up with a way to spin it in a positive way."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_506801,001300460000.htm

• foreword
    foreword

Hey william....still working even if it's christmas eve....good man..good man.....LOL

I think the last paragraph was priceless

"The problem is that companies aren't sure if it's politically correct to talk about it,"
    "Nobody has come up with a way to spin it in a positive way."

Positive way?????

Well...they can always tell the american public that there's plenty of jobs in the fast food industry flippin burgers...

newsflash.....sorry those jobs at Mcd are no longer available due to the mad cow crisis...try wal mart....

newsflash....sorry the mexicans got the jobs at wall mart...

don't worry people, try telemarketing....

newsflash....sorry, the indian babes with the diamonds on the forehead got those before you applied....

There has to be a positive twist....

sure join the army....you'll be "person of the year"

problem solved

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks : Will ... yes time is telling, isn't it ... LOL and not LOL ...
    and Forward you've got the right picture
    Guys ... Do you think they will open their eyes ? ... I'm not sure at all !

add : for 10 direct jobs lost (count one more = non direct) so how many decades left before the big mess ?

and here they are VERY affraid because it is a field au MEDIA (Oooops = control) so they can keep them in paying the occidental price - they can have control it in giving the market to others ... See ...

Nobody has come up with a way to spin it in a positive wayNobody has come up with a way to spin it in a positive way

what about the other fields ?

The thing is that they probably didn't find yet a way to win when things are in a positive way for us, it doesn't mean the same / cause faire economy is the most simple solution ... so what are they searching exactly ... ? I guess I've got my idea on the subject !

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Oh would you stop the doom and gloom already!

Corporate America is not above mistakes biting them in the ass. Sending those jobs to India will be no exception.

Now don't get me wrong here folks, I don't have anything against our friends from India. Far from it. There's a whole lot of Indians who found some opportunity over here and came over and are busting their asses to reach some success. Hey that's America after all. Come on over, that's our motto, just don't bring a bomb on the plane or you'll find it shoved up your

Anyway.

What was I getting at?

Oh yeah.

Let the market call the shots here.

No one wants to take a frustrating problem to someone who can barely speak, let alone understand, the English language. For instance. I have, as probably many of you here, called tech support or customer service numbers only to reach someone who can only respond in an indecipherable series of consonants making us wonder just what their jaw muscles look like. Now if you're like me, you immediately escalate the call to someone who also uses vowels.

Or maybe it was your local pharmacy. Like mine a couple of weeks ago. My doctor called in my prescription. I've used that pharmacy for some time now. In fact, everyone at that Kroger knows me.....EVERYONE. But does Mr. [unpronounceable] Patel? Oh no! My name wasn't Patel, Singh, or any of the other five last names used by the one billion Indians so it blew his mind. Same thing happened to a coworker of mine and as a matter of fact, since Mr. Patel has begun his soon to be short-lived career at the Zebulon Road Kroger Pharmacy the whole thing has turned into one colossal charlie-foxtrot.

Maybe this particular market is unique but it doesn't have to be. Mr. Patel will soon find himself relocated.

Corporate America may be a little down the curve from that Kroger but not too far.

As Sean Hannity says "let not your heart be troubled."

Besides. Have you ever ate Indian food? My god! If they all came over here and opened Indian restaurants (as opposed to fast food joints) you'd forget all about Chinese food.

Mike.

• lastcall
    lastcall

These corporations and their officers are using their Bush tax cuts to create jobs!!!!! ..........just not here.

These fat cats at IBM and the like are true patriots!

Merry Freakin' Christmas!

LC

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

* Soory missunderstanding possible here :

My spelling was wrong read :

And here they are VERY afraid because it is a field of MEDIA (Oooops = control) so they can't keep them in paying the occidental price and they can't keep the control in giving the market to others ... See ... (((there is no real choice here !!! us here ... cause they don't care they are rich already feel free to grab more !!! / then they will have to change their nationality if and when needed)))

It is that way (logic of economy) and their is nothing you can do here but use a strategy on an other level nor other fields ... because to keep the markets and the jobs you will have to pay a lot more than others ... but anyway after a while you won't be able to hold those jobs ...

for instance to concurrence AFRICAN?s on COTTON market (geez you pay !) but how long ? for something not productive at all the market in dead in your country and you kill the market in africa (and you pay the welfare each sides LOL it is not the welfare that you pay it is the difference !!! Logic of economy you have to pay any way) ... Now check all the fields concerned by the issue

So ... there we go ...
    Those who are leading are not interested in them because it does not bring the money in their and friends pockets ...

First of : WE ARE WAY too expansive ? ? Not because we have a big salary compared to people in poor countries. Only because some bastards grab 60 % of the benefits of what we do product ? I guess I have to say It here too for less than 10 % when 90 % (WE) have to share 40 % for the benefits of more 99 % that we did product* ? that?s it ? Can?t we just find a way to be fair whith those who need it (us INCLUDES) ? Do you feel those bastards need so much money that we need to fight for them ? ? means that actually if they didn?t take that much money over our head to have the same comfort we could have only worked 40 % of the time we did ! IF THIS IS NOT STEELING WHAT IS IT ?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Big business as lost what little heart they ever had. The corporate lawyers and MBA's have got it down to a numbers game and leave the PR to the ad and PR people. Their motto, "Not my problem!"

I see another area where America is suffering and that is the Skilled Trades. Seems young Americans just don't want to learn how to lay concret block, do finish cement or plaster work, tile or marble installation or even electrical and plumbing. They would rather get low paying jobs at Best Buys and walk around showing you the lastest X-Box games and videos. When my generation retires in the next ten to fifteen years, most all the young tradesmen in America will have accents. I see a lot from Central and South America and Eastern Europe. These people are hard workers and willing to do whatever it takes to make a success of their life here. And America has many opportunities for anyone WILLING to work hard. Maverick

• ball.
    ball.

OK, firstly, why do you think this is just a US issue? This is happening around the world.

And secondly, I'll give you some positive spin. Why does 10% of the world believe they can hold 90% of the wealth? Developing countries are maturing. You will see a world where you have to compete with them, some of these countries are very poor, something people don't like to think about until it affects them personally. Some people around the world would do anything for a job "flipping burgers".

Merry Christmas.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

All those supporting a one world government and globalism enjoy, this is but one effect of that. It will be interesting to see how globalist that have opened the door will try to close it and blame others. Maybe next, we can shift some of our military positions to foreign lands as well.

You laud how everything is better in those countries and they have a better understanding of maters than the mean rotten old US of A, why not reward them with your jobs too? You can't have it both ways people.

• Simon
    Simon

Actually, this is globalism gone mad and what happens when capitalism does not have any social concience or checks.

Look at the reason for the outsourcing: wages are lower there. Why? Because they have a lower standard of living. This is simply ballancing things a little because the current setup is unsustainable so get used to it folks - like ot or not, the rest of the world is going to start taking a slice of the pie and it means your standard of living will decline as theirs rises until some sort of balance is reached.

I've seen estimates that within 20-40 years, China will be the world dominant economy as it's currently a slumbering powerhouse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit