"IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE "ON TV TONIGHT NBC 8PM CST

by wednesday 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• wednesday
    wednesday

.It is on Channel 5 (NBC) at 8PM CST. I always watch this and have a joyful cry. Days gone by, happier times, simplier times.

Now i know i am getting old.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hello Weds. "It's a wonderful life" was a movie I first watched when I was a younger teenager and very much a dub.

It always disturbed me , because it was the beginning of a questioning period for me.

Old enough to appear to be footloose and fancy free, yet lying awake at night thinking, how could Jehovah in his infinate wisdom, destroy a group of people who had come together to celebrate the birth of his son, and who were mirroring the love he preached us to show for one another.

I bought the movie shortly after we exited, and we watch it every year on VCR. Much better without the commercials.

I cry everytime I watch it. Again Merry Christmas to you.

Love Dave and Denise.

• Gollum
    Gollum

For an alternative take on Bedford Falls and Pottersville, I suggest the following article. I have to admit, I sort of think I'd fit into Pottersville much, much, better than Bedford Falls.

http://dir.salon.com/ent/feature/2001/12/22/pottersville/index.html

• wednesday
    wednesday

Well, i read the article and it is a bit heavy handed . The film is good and makes people happy.

Now are u the Grinch who stole Christmas?

• Gollum
    Gollum

Wednesday,

I think the article was meant to be pretty tounge in check. I like "It's a Wonderful Life" and think it's a great movie, even if it is a bit sachrine. However, reading the article I did realize I'd be a lot happier in Pottersville than Bedford Falls. But I'm going straight to hell anyway <grin>. Luckly, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as much as possible.

Gollum

• wednesday
    wednesday

Gollum-did u get your name from the character in the 3rd pic of "lord of the rings?"

come and get sappy with us.

I just placed a heathern plant decorated with 2 pink boas in my window. My grandaughters are coming this PM and we will all watch the movie and then we will see "The grinch who stole christmas"

I will think of u

i hope u know i am having a bit of fun here too.

merry christmas to all

• wednesday
    wednesday

Ok, it's offfical, i am sappy. I just cried through a christmas eposide of "Little House on the Prarie". In this story, Laura sells her horse to the nasty oleson girl so she can buy her mother a much needed stove. Pa was trying to buy the same stove , but neither knew this. pa made Laura a sadle for her horse, the one laura sold for the stove. I do not think I will be able to stand it if things get anymore happy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have never seen this movie... maybe I should watch it this time around, eh?

• Gollum
    Gollum

Actually, I have to pretend to be all hard boiled and stuff, to keep my image up. In actual fact I cry like a little girl with this movie and the end of "Casablanca". Tell anybody that and I'll rip your lungs out. <grin>

Gollum (who orginally meant to register as Gollem, but was forced by a spelling error to forever be associated with that weasel like psuedo hobbit, instead of a big dumb clay thing ripping apart people. sigh)

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

It is by far my Favorite movie of all time.
    And yes Thunder does cry!

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit