Fear and paranoia plague me again

by LostMyReligion 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

LMR

I can fully understand your paranoia at being "caught" on this board, expressing views against the Society.

I have at times given out info about myself on this board that I later think I shouldn't have revealed. But so far, no harm seems to have been done. I haven't been shunned by anyone, elders haven't been knocking on my door at odd hours un-announced.

Just be careful, remembering that anyone could be reading this, so don't give out anything that could really point to your location, identity, even where you work.

• Carmel
    Carmel

LMR,

Relax mon! Perhaps what you fear the most is the best in the long run. We often create vainly imagined consequences of hypothetical events than create a false reality that controls us. There's a great story about a Persian youth that is pining away having lost his true love. As he wanders through the city streets he begins to imagine that the watchman is eyeing him. The more he imagines the more his behavior changes to be indeed, suspect. The watchman then does take note and begins to follow him, faster and faster they scramble through the back streets and finally the youth finds he is in a dead end alley with a wall infront of him. Seeing that the fierce watchman is closing in with club in hand the youth drags himself up the wall and without looking hurtles down the other side only to find he has landed in a beautiful rose garden. Nearby he sees his long lost Layli, his true love.

The youth immediately raises his hands heavenward and thanks God for the ferocity of the watchman who has chased him to his true love.

End of story! I hope you don't stop posting in fear of family or elders finding out your true feelings.

carmel

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Several people here have stated that they could be identified by the
    contents of their posts. Yet, we all still continue to include this type
    of information.

Could it be that we have a secret death wish? Maybe we WANT the
    elders to show up on our doors so that we could, once and for all,
    end the farce of going to meetings and writing student talks.

I'm not so sure that a pogrom wouldn't be rather liberating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit