Christmas Preperation

by Beans 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

I just have a few moments here, I'm making Apple Cake (Gedeckter Appfelkuchen) Butternut Squash soup and Pumpkin Pie. Ya gotta keep ahead so you can drink with the relatives before the big day eh!

What is everyone else doing to prior to the big day?

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Solace
    Solace

Well,

Tonight I'm doing nothing, followed by more nothing. Everything is baked, bought, or wrapped, and ready to go.

Now, if I could just keep the kid's from bouncing off the wall's.

• patio34
    patio34

Wow, congratulations! I'm embarrassed to say that I'll be shopping tomorrow afternoon!

Pat

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((Beans))))))))))))) all my best to you and yours this holiday hon !!!

((((((((((Solace))))))))))))) Merry Christmas sweetie !!

(((((((((Patio)))))))))) Merry Christmas !!!

I too am going out tomorrow -yikes !!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yesterday I mailed the last of my Christmas Cards

• Solace
  • Beans
    Beans

The potatoes are cut and so is the turnip, the Turkey is out and defrosting! I am now enjoying a spiked coffee as I wait for the bottom half of my cake to bake.

Happy Happy!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, nothing but getting um elevated and watching the blinkenlights. Unless we change our minds and decide to go out and see Bad Santa.

2 weeks ago we went to Monterey and cooked dinner for a friend of my daughter's who gave us a tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and later initiated her into the joys of oh never mind. He's good people and she was ready. I didn't even hear about that part until a couple days later. Congrats & merry Christmas!

Last week we went to my son's commune house and had fun with the little boy who is its youngest member. The vocabulary word of the day was "similar." (He's 2 1/2.) And oh the mysteries of vanishing crayon points and dinosaurs. He didn't want to hear that the dinoraurs are dead. "Oh no! Some dinosaurs are fine." My husband was so charmed by the rest of the family that he's going back down after the New Year to help them tinker with their house.

solace,

Now, if I could just keep the kid's from bouncing off the wall's.

Why fight it? Bounce with 'em!

GentlyFeral
    with fond memories of indoor water fights in times of stress

• Solace
    Solace

LOL@Gently,

As my son purposely trips his sister while rolling around on the floor, adding his own lyrics to traditional christmas carol's, making them obscene, stuffing pillows into his shirt, pretending to have a big belly, yelling "Ho, Ho, Ho" and asking if he can open "just one more present" on Christmas eve.

So..... How is your night going?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yep, we've got bouncing kids tonight! Jackson, who is being practical, wants to go to bed early so the night will go faster. Jennie is just twitching in anticipation, and both of them tried to sweet-talk their dad into letting them open ONE present tonight. Nope. Everything tomorrow morning. I think they'll be pleased!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit