7-15 01 wt comment

by silentlambs 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephanus,

The last time I heard a pedophile in our area, he went to prison and did his time. So, justice was done. Why? Because all the FACTS was presented to elders and authorities.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

It's the paedophiles you DON'T hear about that concern me, Fred. The ones the elders decide have shown repentance enough that they decide to hide his sin from the congregation, even the members who have children who are potential victims of this monster. The elders should go to the police first and have no involvement at all, instead of trying to play judge. There was a case here in Wollongong where the elders of the Corrimal congregation were blasted by a judge for covering up for a paedophile and handling it "in house" rather than notifying the authorities. Interestingly the article appeared 2 weeks after one of your mates was bragging to me about how pure "Jehovah's organisation" is, and how full of paedophiles the other churches are.

This is the issue Bill Bowen is fighting the Tower over, Fred: even though the rules now seem to say that the authorities should be called, there is a strong culture of handing everything over to the elders which persists in the Org. The elders being human are all too susceptible to the temptation to sweep scandal under the carpet in order to project the image of a harmonious KH.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephanus,

If you think that Bill Bowen is Clark Kent, then your are wrong! He is not going to do one thing to make things better. And if you think that he is going to turn the WT over, then he is going to have to turn God over too.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

God does not need protection, Fred, He's big enough to look after Himself, IMO! If people passing themselves off as God's org are covering up sin, then the one who exposes that sin is God's man; cf. Nathan and David, Jesus and the Pharisees, Malachi and other OT prophets who exposed the corruption within the God-ordained priesthood. You do no favours to Jehovah by letting paedophiles enjoy protection in His name, Fred. Bill knows this and has taken the brave stance he has, when he has everything to lose, because he knows that a corrupt organisation which hides behind the name of Jehovah only brings shame to that name.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

No Fred, Bill doens't wear Glasses.

So your saying Jehovah approves of hiding and promoting the hurting and molesting of innocent children. DANG your twisted, or are you a pedophile yourself, is that why you react so vehemently??? You SCARED????

Ven

• Jang
    Jang

Words fail me Bill!!!!!!

Right now I feel so angry at all this! I don't think I have felt this angry for a long time!

The sense of betrayal that will be felt by all the victims, especially those still in there because their parents keep them there!!!!

Nuf said!

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

SL - this type of writing is the Society's Red Herring. They figure if they stand on that street corner with their dark glasses and smarmy overcoat FLASHING the public whilst MOONING their own people, and calling out "Look over there!! LOOOK what those nasty catholics are doing!"...then perhaps nobody will notice their own digusting amoral behavior.

Wrong-o You Phallically Challenged Ones in the Towah

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest SLambs, may you have peace!

It is... in a word... 'leaven'. Hypocrisy (okay, TWO words). Which we were TOLD to 'look out for'. Which we were TOLD... would 'ferment' the WHOLE lump. Which we were TOLD... was the 'product' of 'rotten' fruit. And, indeed, some fruit and other foods ferment... or ROT... naturally.

Truly, should we EXPECT any other kind of 'fruit' from the 'SEED' of the Devil, expect a different 'nature' from those whose hypocrisy is lessened only by their HATRED... for their 'brother'... those helpless children that they now wish to EXPLOIT in an effort make themselves APPEAR 'righteous before men'?

Truly, dear ones... ALL of you... hear what my Lord has said:

"You CANNOT put 'new' wine... into 'old' wineskins," and "a rotten tree is good for nothing but to be CUT DOWN... and THROWN... into the fire."

Hear, dear ones, what my Lord and the Spirit have said... and get the SENSE of it.

Again, I bid you all peace, and remain,

A servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    3. An example of the struggle between the liberal forces and the conservative forces at headquarters. Service Dept is digging in their heels, and someone in Writing Dept decided that enough was enough and wrote that to give them a little dig.

Seeker, I could not agree with you more. I think that there is quite the silent war going on up at Bethel between the Service and Writing Committees too.

Slipnslidemaster: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

Thanks Silentlambs for posting this one.

To Seeker:

"1. Sheer blindness leading to a re-use of a common example they have used over the years. In other words, force of habit without thinking about how hypocritical it sounds.

2. The WTS reacting to your efforts by digging in their heels, refusing to admit wrongdoing, and going on the offensive.

3. An example of the struggle between the liberal forces and the conservative forces at headquarters. Service Dept is digging in their heels, and someone in Writing Dept decided that enough was enough and wrote that to give them a little dig."

In my modest opinion, I think you have stated the true reasons. I do agree with you!

To Stephanus:

"It's the paedophiles you DON'T hear about that concern me, Fred. The ones the elders decide have shown repentance enough that they decide to hide his sin from the congregation, even the members who have children who are potential victims of this monster. "The elders should go to the police first and have no involvement at all, instead of trying to play judge. "

Excellent Stephanus, this is really the core of the problem!

"The elders should go to the police first and have no involvement at all, instead of trying to play judge. "

I do agree entirely on this. It has always beeing my viewpoint in these particular subject i.e.
    - child abuse, paedophiles etc. -

The closing part of your post :

"The elders being human are all too susceptible to the temptation to sweep scandal under the carpet in order to project the image of a harmonious KH."

Logical, factual and very , very SAD, TRUE!!!

To FredHall:

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but although I do not mind about your comments…I find very poor, and unpolite to the point of been rude and vulgar , your specific
    the choice of words. I'm always hoping to see an end to it but I do realize that I'm
    wrong in this respect. Surely not a CHRISTIAN way to act.

Agape to you all, J.C. MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit