What do you teach your kids when you no longer believe the lie?

by shotgun 14 Replies latest members private

• Sassy
    Sassy

If your children are young, that is a hard call.

For me, my children stopped before I did. I have had some very interesting conversations with my 24 yr old son. He wanted to learn more about why the JWs do not have the truth. He only stopped being one because he didn't want to be one. It's interesting but in many ways my leaving is creating a stronger bond between us. If I had only known that years ago.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thanks for the great advice.

Scully Mrs Shotgun is always loaded for bear and has a hair trigger. There are no alternatives to WT truth in her mind.

She wants me to teach about Paradise which I can't because to me it's no different from the Easter Bunny.( The Easter bunny is cute and has a catchy little tune to boot, you the one....here comes Peter cotton tail )

Slow and easy is how I live each day, walking on eggshells or crawling through a minefield describes it best.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    She wants me to teach about Paradise which I can't because to me it's no different from the Easter Bunny.( The Easter bunny is cute and has a catchy little tune to boot, you the one....here comes Peter cotton tail )

So does the WT. Remember "Keep Your Eyes On The Prize"? It only becomes catchy because you hear it every friggin' month.

• Special K
    Special K

Nice to hear some more comments on this one.

special k

bttt

• topanga
    topanga

To realize religion is a social structure, like education systems, justice system government etc.

be realistic about the purpose it serves to human society.

After you've made that clear teach them whats become of religion the money, the scandal, politics, and especially the lucrative business of religion, how people can make millions selling you a religious life style.

tell them about the bakers, the religious cults, mind control, charles manson,david koresh applewhite, jehovahs witnesses etc.

Then if they want to study in depth send them to college not seminary school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit