Keyboarding 101

by little witch 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• little witch
    little witch

duz this thang piz u off it iz hard 4 me to read 2 i hope you get my drift cuz i am 2 lazy to type it out correctly who needs those lousy punctuation marks anyway they are dumb i also dont use capital letters to say i and also u is just as easy wazup wit dis disturbing cyber ebonix mix of communication anyhow i dont get it if u decypher this message u cn feel free to comment i dont mean to dis anyone btw

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

1 53E Y0UR PO1N+.. 1'Ll TRy +O worK On +h4+ iN +3H PHuTur3. 50Rry FoR 4Ny 1nc0nVEn13NCe 1 M4Y h4v3 C@u$E tH053 wHo w3re +RY1N9 TO RE4D mY P0$t$!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Looks like one of my daughter's emails to a freind.

Problem being, that type of language is showing up in kid's work assignments for school, and many times the kids don't know the proper spelling.

And on top of that, it is so butchered and fractured, most spell checks have no idea what word it was you were trying to spell.

Edited to correct spelling .... lol

• little witch
    little witch

Exactly!

I told my kids if they didn't use complete sentences, I wouldn't let them use the computer.

That sounds harsh, but they are using it at school, on homework assignments etc, without realizing it!

When I see it used on the board I tend to not read the post. It is just too irritating. I am no scholar, but good grief!!!!

• little witch
    little witch

OOPS!!

I posted this under "scandals" LOL

Could one of the moderators bump it over to "friends" for me?

• jgnat
    jgnat

ITS A SCANDEL I TELL U A SCANDEL!!!!!! I ALSO DONT LIKE SHOUTING AND MISSING APOSTROPHES.

BTW, it is faithful and discreet slave. Not discrete.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    it is faithful and discreet slave.

I always thought it was faithful indiscreet slave.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very sad. What is that style of writing called?

I've seen it from time to time, and I always refuse to chat with people who do that. Either use complete sentences and words, or go bother someone else. I don't have time to decipher your little kiddy-code.

• little witch
    little witch

I don't know what it is called either. I am willing to go along with Kiddie Code though,

Sounds fitting to me!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good on you, Little Witch, for monitoring your kid's language. My mother constantly corrected me as a child, and see how I turned out! Here is a speculative article on where Internet Lingo might be going:

http://www.netsmartz.org/PARENTS/news/Nov02-08.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit