Demons

by dh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Well, rem, I guess you may have a point. However, it's just like people who have claimed to have encountered aliens. To the rest of us, it seems like crap. But, to those of us who have encountered "other beings" and have also captured them on media, it is a different story.

GH

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

[deleted]

• heathen
    heathen

Bigtex-- I went back to see what you were talking about . I am familiar with repressed memory theory . Your story sounds very interesting to me . There are many things that seem hard to put into words without putting yourself at risk of sounding like a religious zealot . I hope that this board can examine personal experiences with compassion . No doubt I am not the only one dealing with cult influences and or mind control issues . I hope you learn to deal with whatever happened to you in a way that helps you, rather than watch you become self destructive as what seems to happen to cult victims . Seeking professional help can do wonders as I've had to watch some mentally ill people in my life do the same . I'm not saying you are mentally ill but know that people having trouble coping with personal issues can get some help . I don't doubt there is some fact to what you are implying .

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well, I do believe people who are talking about weird experiences ... I mean at least I believe that they believe something happen (in their head or for real ... cause I wasn't their) I've also got some weird experiences myself that I can't deny, I'm still not sure what it was all about BUT :

I think that our mind is way more powerfull than we think (we just do not know how to take the control exactly to analyse or to react and act somehow with our mind)

For instance : my son and his girlfriend have not been raised with the same beliefs ... she have been raised with lots of ideas about ghosts and sorcery. And as a JW, Tony have been raise with the idea of strong kind of spirits. both in fact could be the same (the spirits as ghost and demons and reverse)

So now what happen when she feels that her own bedroom (in her mothers house) have a ghost in it
    Well their is a reason when they moved in, they found lots of weird stuff in and on the walls (too long to explain - and got my own experience about that - it's quiet scary) and the room is still very cold (but I think it is normal because she doesn't live in her room permanently, cause she is living with us - so they never really warmed up the place and the walls ... and it is the building first floor ... one side get you out, the other side is the entrance of the building not warmed up either only 1/2 of on wall is connected to an other bedroom ... I mean nothing to warmed up the place each sides ... SO I guess it is normal that the place is always most cold)

When they spend a night together their, they have weird feelings, and visions, BUT NOT THE SAME ... Wich means a lot ...

Second of I think that some kind of powerfull esotérism does exist ... (related to the logic of our univers) but I miss very critical information to be sure about that and about how and what. (it's like bullshit talking when you turn around de bushes ... I need more hints ... ) and for some reasons and don't feel like it could really bring something interesting into my life getting too much interested in that ...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'm not saying you are mentally ill but know that people having trouble coping with personal issues can get some help

Ah. I'm sorry I came off that way. It was not my best thread, poorly written; more emotional than rational. Perhaps lending a real insight into this experience -- emotional rather than rational.

Forgive me please, if I embarassed you. Answering this thread was purely an impulse, and one that I now regret. Clearly I gave not only the wrong impression but a poor account of myself and for that I do apologize.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I seem to remember some strange event or events, but I can't remember exactly what they were. I'm one of those people who needs absolute proof. So basically I say whatever it was could have been explainable in some rational way. Or perhaps it was outside the realm of any human understanding. Events that we can explain include dreams that may seem very real and there's the hallucinations that can come as a result of drugs or mental illness. Those things seem real to me. Outside the realm of human understanding there is the realm of supernatural beings, which I now don't see any reason to believe in or totally rule out.

Another interesting thing, I remember hearing lately is how small children are often unable to distinguish between things in their imagination and things that happen in reality. In kindergarten, the librarian told us that a witch lived in one corner of our library (It was some area that we never went to, probably an office area) and would come out if we were bad or we talked loud in there. I actually believed that for several years even after I had gone on to another school and went a few grades higher. I never connected it to demons although my parents were teaching me that along with plenty of other JW beliefs. I just believed there was an actual witch there in that room in that area. Then one day something just clicked and I realized she had been just trying to scare us and successfully doing so with me. But I often wonder why I believed that for so long. Of course, a small childs mind is not like an adults, but I do think it is interesting what a humans will allow themselves to believe.

• heathen
    heathen

BigTex--- There's no point beating up yourself over it . I am a huge conspiracy theory buff and what you were describing sounds very much like some sort of cover up . It also sounds as if you may have been put under some sort of cult brainwashing ritual . I do find myself being more and more aware of various attempts from people to use occultic symbols and or forms of spell binding in order to manipulate . There is more to it than can be scientifically proven . I mean jeeze there's people who believe that the money we use has cultic pictures on it .ahh well , if you don't want to discuss it that's fine with me . case closed.

frenchbabyface--- I don't doubt there is some truth to your story as well .I've encountered many things of that nature . We do live in a strange universe with many attempts at explaining strange phenomena . For instance UFOs of which I don't believe in the little green men from outerspace but that is how people like to try to account for some strange events .

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

I recall talking with enthusiasm about an amazing documentary concerning a master juggler who could make heavy glass balls appear to travel glidingly all over his body of their own volition, and the reaction of my JW audience was, "often abilities like that come from the demons." No, idiots, they come from months of practicing many hours per day.

Following the same line of reasoning, every extraordinary ability and outstanding human achievement must be the result of demonic power.

Granted, in reading about the martial arts expert who developed, through esoteric techniques including shamanic practices and magick, plus all of that chi-energy "hocus-pocus" that the martial arts commonly utilize, the ability to hit an opponent twelve times in one second - so fast that he lost contests because the judges (short of using the unconventional techqniue of high-speed, stop-motion video) could no longer see what he was doing ... I can see how something like that could be interpreted by demonists as originating with supernatural power. I've had an email exchange with the person in question, used to belong to his Yahoo! group, and am very interested in the techniques that he used and uses. I've seen no indication that he's "demonized."

Cruithne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit