JW, the 11th largest religious colective in the world?

by heianderen 8 Replies latest jw friends

• heianderen
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well ... They are a bunch of millions

• greven
    greven

They belong lower in the list as the footnote indicates:

** Jehovah's Witnesses: This 14+ million figure is the approximate number of adherents -- intended to reflect all those who consider Jehovah's Witnesses their preferred faith, regardless of current activity status. Figure is based on reported once-a-year memorial attendance (adjusted). Actual number of publishers was 6 million worldwide in 1999. Worldwide, the number of practicing Jehovah's Witnesses may actually be higher than the number of practicing Anglicans.

Greven
  • gumby
    gumby

The witnesses count their numbers by those that are baptised.

I wonder if in their 6 million figure.....they deduct disfellowshipped apostate bastards like all of us here?

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, those baptized who are active and spending at least 1 hour (15 minutes for the elderly) driving around the territory in a 6-month periood (irregular but not inactive).

Blondie

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I wonder at what age you are considered qualified for the 15 minute rule. I might go back and heckle them if I could have the 15 minute exemption.

I can see it now, show up for the Saturday morning service, get in the car group, call on one home and tell them, "See you later, my fifteen minutes for this month is up."

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The 15 minute rule was for the infirmed and elderly only.J.R.Brown said that all those who are fit are expected to go into the field mininstry.However,this not enough so now even if you re not fit,if you are infirmed and elderly you must put in the 15 minutes or be harassed."You mean to tell me that you didn't mention Jehovah even once this month?"

Blueblades

• Amazing
    Amazing

This chart is n

• Amazing
    Amazing

This chart is nuts.

First, Southern Baptists in the USA alone number over 40 million, and worldwide over 60 million. The Mormons are much larger than what is shown ... and whoever wrote this chart preferred to use the Memorial attendance, which shows a bias to boost the JW numbers. I read the author's footnote, but it does not hold water. Just because a person attends the Memorial does not mean that JWism is their preferred faith. Also, the author of the chart then concludes that if one counts all the uncounted JWs, that the JWs might be larger than the Anglican Communion which numbers 73,000,000. This is pure lunacy.

Finally, the author fails to show Islam as over 2,000,000,000 ... by only showing the Sunni Muslims which number over 850,000,000 according to the author, but they fail to mention the much larger Shiite Muslims. This chart seriously lacks credibility.

I will do some comparison and see whether this chart is all wet, or I must be out to lunch. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit