Questions about Rahab....

by ralmo 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skiz
    skiz
    may you have peace.

Wait a second !!

Are you 'God's voice in my head' Aaron from the Beyond Board ?

David

• AGuest
    AGuest

may you have peace!

You ask:

How does this version of God react to the concept of justice ?
    My reply would be to you that there is something "higher" than justice... and that is... mercy. Thus, while my Father does indeed love justice, He has also taught us by means of His Son that there is a greater way to "excel"... than by simply not trespassing law... and that is to surpass law. Which can be done, by means of love... for love bears mercy and there is no "law" against love (and, thus, against mercy).
    So if I have a family member that believes Jesus is the Messiah, I can hold their hand when God destroys everyone else like me that doesn't have faith but ...
    Perhaps. I do not know. God shows mercy to whomever He wishes to show mercy... and for whatever reason He wishes to show it. In the cases at hand, He showed such mercy... toward entire household's... due to certain individual's faith. If and how He will show it toward you... is entirely up to Him... and known only to Him and His Son. It is certainly not known to me. But in the case of the subject at hand, the question was asked whether the sister was right in her assessment of what occurred with Rahab versus what can/will occur with others. Her assessment was correct: by means of the faith of one person in the household, certain entire households were saved.
    If I don't have a family member to provide that hand, then I'm toast ?

I think it's truly going to come down to what you WANT to be. And if that turns out to be "toast"... then so be it. For it is as the Spirit and the Bride KEEP saying, "Come... all you who are thirsting... hearing... and WISHING... come, take life's water free!" If you don't WANT to come and take life... if you are NOT wishing to do so... then I would presume that whatever it is you ARE wishing for... and only you, God and Christ, know what that is... is what you will receive.

Does your God ever use logic when delevoping his plan of action ?

Absolutely! The "logic" is that you will receive... whatever it is you are wishing for. Not only is that logical, but it is merciful, loving and kind. You get... what YOU want. And in that way, God is not to blame if what you receive is not life... for it is not life that you wanted. You want mercy? Then demonstrate this by being merciful, and as a result, you will receive mercy. You don't want mercy? Then demonstrate that by not showing mercy then relax and wait to receive what you've demonstrated that you want. For that is how it works: you will receive what YOU want. The Most Holy One of Israel is not so complicated as earthling man has made Him out to be, dear one. And you, too, can get to know this simple truth. All it takes is getting to know the Truth, the One by means of which all who are wishing to see the face of God can do so (john 14:6). I invite you: go to that One so as to go through that One... and you will not have to waste your good time asking me questions regarding justice and logic that you can come to know, fully and completely, without confusion... for yourself. All it takes... is faith... the size of a mustard seed. And if you don't have faith the size of a mustard seed... I bid you... ask for it. For if you truly want it, all you need do is ask and you can receive it, as well. Again, I bid you peace. Your servant and a slave of Christ, SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am not dear Aaron... but I know him and I fear that you have either misstated him here or misunderstood him, for I know my Lord's voice not to be in his head... but in his heart. As he is in mine. He could be in your's, too... if only you ask.

John 14:23; Romans 8:9, 10

May I ask you, please, to take care in ridiculing those with faith? Thank you. For even if such ones were denouncing you, personally, or attacking, ridiculing or persecuting you, even then I would say to you to find it in your heart to not return evil for evil, you being the more "righteous" one in your opinion.

On the other hand, if they are NOT reviling you, but only wishing to share with you the joy of the Christ, what harm is there, then, to you to let such ones declare their faith openly? What cubit will it remove from your life span? Does it not remain with you to hear... or refrain? You do not have to entertain anything you do not wish to. You are a person of free-will, so if someone says something to you that is hard for you to bear ("I can hear the Christ"), what is it to your life? Are you not free to disagree... without ridiculing?

I ask these things because I see so many who think themselves "righteous"... and decry religion, etc., for their hard stance against those who do not think and believe as they do... and yet, turn around and ridicule, persecute, slander and belittle those who do not think as they do. To me, it is hypocrisy.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ, and fellow slave of "Aaron",

SJ

• skiz
    skiz
    May I ask you, please, to take care in ridiculing those with faith?

And when did I do that ?

How should I designate him from other Aarons that come to xJW boards ?

I know that Catholics are very sensitive about how they are addressed
    One time, while making a business phone call to a convent, I asked for a 'Kathy' and was informed that there was no 'Kathy' there but there was a 'Sister Kathy'

When I said, "She's not my sister", they hung up

I guess they didn't see any humor in my comment

Anyway, you can split hairs about where you think Aaron is getting his messages delivered to but on the Beyond Board, he posted today that his messages come to him from God in English
    I'm betting its a little tough to 'hear' English words in your heart
    Have you considered that you're mistaken ?

I am not dear Aaron... for I know my Lord's voice not to be in his head

So you know Aaron well enough to be sure of who he's 'talking' to and where in his body his voice 'mailbox' can be found ?

As he is in mine. He could be in your's, too... if only you ask.

And I believe that you could get mental help if you only ask for it

But of course, my saying that means that I'm ... how did you say it ?
    'Ridiculing those with faith'
    I guess you're allowed to speak your mind and proselytize at will but others can't talk about voices in the head or encourage a person to get the mental help they need without being accused of 'ridiculing'

David

• noko
    noko

I am wondering if Noah's familiy was saved indeed through Noah's faith but also the need for Noah to have helpers to make it to the new world? Kinda hard to take take care of all those animals all by your lonesome self I would imagine.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Skiz:
    You're new here.
    (I like pointing out the obvious)
    Welcome to the board

Aaron posts here as "Kes152", and more recently I think he posted as "Aaron".

You attack what you do not know.
    Even those that disagree with Shel and Aaron's methods have to grudgingly respect them for their mild and unassuming manner. Regardless of whether or not you think them "crazy" or Schizo", as many have proposed in the past and shall likely continue to do so in the future, they still show most on this board (fellow Christians included) what Christlike is about.

You'd be better spending some time getting to know them, rather than denigrating them.

Besides - mess with them and you mess with the whole family...

• skiz
    skiz

LittleToe,

Because you said

and

You'd be better spending some time getting to know them, rather than denigrating them.

You've used the words 'attack' and 'denigrating', just as AGuest did
    And, just as AGuest did, you've also avoided explaining what you mean

I went back and reread my posts on this thread, which are the total amount I have spoken to AGuest. I can say that both of you are apparently paranoid about being attacked. Have you decided to claim that I have attacked someone because my points are too threatening to your belief system ?

If the Aaron that posts here is the same person as 'voice in the head' Aaron from the Beyond Board ( as opposed to Mormon Aaron2 from the Beyond Board ), then you're very mistaken about me not knowing alot about that person

What whole family would that be ?
    So far I only detect a few people with a selfrighteous attitude

they still show most on this board (fellow Christians included) what Christlike is about.

If you're including Aaron from the Beyond Board in this group, I've already seen his version of Christlike.
    I've seen selfrighteousness, condescending posts, judgmental verdicts that he claims comes from the voice that 'speaks' to him, all of course, wrapped in a coating of sweet lovey dovey words that include 'May you have peace' and 'Dearest' So-and-so interwoven among denigrating speeches. Many of us have also recieved personalized messages from Aaron's voice, aka the Word of Almighty God, that denounces those that don't listen to Aaron

I'm starting to wonder about you now

You start with

Welcome to the board

and end with

Looks like you might have a little manipulation planned for me on your agenda also

Let's cut to the meat of this conversation
    Are you or AGuest going to quote examples of me attacking or denigrating, or not ?

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit