The “boldness” of the GB

by Hecce 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

This topic is related to the one about the relocation of publishers and moving and dissolving congregations.

Some of the things that we are seeing now were unthinkable a few years back, examples the closing of the Branches, layoff of Bethelites and Travelling Overseers, the grabbing of the Congregations funds and many more. Some of my friends tell me that basically the WT was operating with an early 20th century business model that needed a tune up and that worldly consultants are behind the changes that have been implemented.

Nevertheless to put it in Hollywood terms, they seem to think that they are on a “mission from God” and that they are “going where no man, has gone before”.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some of my friends tell me that basically the WT was operating with an early 20th century business model that needed a tune up

That is probably true as seen by their declining rate of growth and that evidently donations were declining too. But one must consider that it is their claim that GOD has been directing their path. I wonder why God was steering them in the wrong direction?.....DOC

• millie210
    millie210
    Hecce
    Some of my friends tell me that basically the WT was operating with an early 20th century business model that needed a tune up and that worldly consultants are behind the changes that have been implemented.

So if a worldly consulting firm was hired, their first question would be what is your goal?

If the reply had been "to help more spiritually" this would not be the results we are seeing.

The results are selling of assets, trimming of support to the volunteers (with no comparable slowing down of asking things FROM the volunteers) and trimming of programs the volunteers enjoyed (LDC etc)

If you take their results and trace it back its pretty easy to see what the consulting firm was told the goal is.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

OMG Millie210, that is some awesome deductive reasoning, i enjoyed that! Thank you for posting. And thank you for thinking with logic, it is so good!

• Hecce
    Hecce

The first time that I heard about worldly consultants was in relation to the printing paper. This is something that I learned thru the grapevine and if is not correct there are tons of ex Bethelites here to correct me.

I was told that the WT was in the habit of taking advantage of low cost offers for printing paper and buying tremendous amounts of the product, when consultants came in trying to improve their operation they called to their attention:

Capital that was invested with no return in the paper.

Spoilage, sometimes the paper reams were spoiled after many months of storage.

Space, there was a need of storage room for the paper.

The suggestion was to just buy enough paper for a short period of time and use the resources for something else.

Like I said maybe truth or maybe urban legend, if truth shows that the motivation was in this particular instance $$$$$.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

they seem to think that they are on a “mission from God” and that they are “going where no man, has gone before”.

In recent years the WTS has been on a sustainability program for the entire organization and all of its controlling assets .

Changing up old doctrines, reducing its expenditures in printing which involved the closing down of branches all around the world.

They are on mission of sustainability, retrospectively there are thousands of people who are living off the proceeds of the WTS., from CO's, branch heads and workers, including the GB members.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    So if a worldly consulting firm was hired

Every ex-Bethelite story is the same. Department heads haven't a clue what they are doing, and are ruled by ego only.

When literature becomes a loss-leader, and is your main product, you will face SERIOUS financial trouble.

Some HARD decisions had to be made.

Those outside can only speculate on whether or not enough is being done.

(Given the fact that there were ZERO new releases this year ... )

• Zoos
    Zoos
    DOC: I wonder why God was steering them in the wrong direction?

It's not the wrong direction. It's just not logical from a human standpoint.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Their also acting like they really did think the end would come before the year 2000. Maybe the ones that were still alive and In charge after the early 80's clean out really are that deluted and dumb? We almost saw that a couple of years ago with the lets build a bunch of Kingdom Halls shortly followed by were suspending all building programs speech. It's like they didn't see it, see the fact that thier whole printing business model was done. Then came all the begging and now digital information and more begging.

• Chook
    Chook

I just need to know if a hall has been dedicated to God, do the pagan purchasers of old halls receive a blessed product. I've never heard of a reverse dedication . I know when we dedicate our lives in water it's irreversible .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit