What is Christmas to an Ex-JW?

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

It's not much of the words, but the voices!

• Smyler
    Smyler

man, oh man... what can i say...

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

A week ago Sunday Night, our little church had a live Nativity. Our pastor was directing people from the Neighborhood where to park, by saying "There's No Room At the Inn, but there is a place to Park" - He really has a sense of humor.

A lady, not a member of our church, motioned Pastor Tim to come over to her.. She asked if her two little boys could approach the baby Jesus because they had gifts for him. Those little boys were wide-eyed with expectation. Jesus is very real to these Children.

Since I left the witnesses so many years ago, Jesus has become real to me again; he's not just a name to use as a go between for the purpose of prayer. He was a real human at one time. He grew up as we did, he cried with people, he laughed, he played. He had compassion, He became angry at the Pharasees for making up all their strict burdensome rules. I think we can all relate to Jesus in this regard. Many religious leaders in our day are just like the Pharasees; and it's quite normal to feel angry about mistreatment.

With that said, I wish all of you a joyous holiday!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wish I had found this last week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit