This week's wt paragraph 13 and 15 free will

by poopie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Does forcing people to shun other people violate free will?
  • kairos
    kairos

yes

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But the society has masterfully created a culture that makes it appear that the INDIVIDUAL is acting under their own choice...NOT because the society tells them to.

That is probably the MASTER STROKE of such a high control group.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Can someone post those paragraphs?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

13 All of us have freedom of choice regarding associations, styles of dress and grooming, and entertainment. However, our freedom could become “a cover for doing wrong” if we chose to become slaves of our own fleshly desires or if we adopted the disgraceful fads and trends of the world. (Read 1 Peter 2:16.) Instead of using our freedom “as an opportunity to pursue fleshly desires,” we want to be determined to make choices that help us to heed the admonition: “Do all things for God’s glory.”—Gal. 5:13; 1 Cor. 10:31.

15 One of the limitations on our freedom is that we must respect the right that others have to make their own decisions in life. Why? Since we all have the gift of free will, no two Christians will always make exactly the same decision. This is true even in matters that involve our conduct and worship. Remember the principle found at Galatians 6:5. (Read.) When we recognize that each Christian must “carry his own load,” we will respect the right that others have to use their own gift of free will.

• Landy
    Landy
    Does forcing people to shun other people violate free will?

Nobody is 'forced' to do anything. We each have our own free will, whether we choose to use it or not.

If we didn't all of us on here would still be going.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Only when you are not in control of your own mind...BITE bring any memories back? Your Behavior, Information, Thoughts, and Emotions are controlled by the org!

Its easier to blame 'you' then those in control of you!

• pbrow
    pbrow

If the org is in control then how does anyone ever leave? Because of free will. When i had kids I could have stuck my head in the sand and just went along. I made the conscious choice to leave. So can any adult sitting in that hall.

"13 All of us have freedom of choice regarding associations"

That is 100% true. dubs are not forced. They simply feel that their relationship with their church is more important than their relationship with you.

Its easier to blame someone else then the real culprit... you (if you decide to stay in)

pbrow

• stillin
    stillin

We have no choice but to have free will

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They force people to shun, if you don't do it your DFD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit