Keep doing this until I return

by U.2.K. Tha Greate$t 2 Replies latest jw friends

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

I posted this again, so maybe you can understand that some things Jesus said was meant for his Disciples only, are we that have'nt talk face to face to jesus himself disciples? no. If we was not living in the times of the bible are we today disciples? no. It does not matter how much you serve God and have faith in his Son(make note, there is no trinity ) we are not prophets or disciples.

Jesus said and i quote him: "This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Jesus did'nt say keep doing this until the coming of God's kingdom. The witness said's we have to do this on April 16 of every year. but i dont agree with them, cause i dont see the date posted in the bible. so i dont observe this event that jesus did and i dont celebrate that event. The disciples was told to that in rememberance of the messiah, not the whole world.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It was Paul who said that the commemoration would continue "until he returns". Of course that didn't happen in the time of the disciples. We all know that happened in 1914!!

So the JW's take that "until he returns" to mean when he returns in the sense of destroying all his enemies. (whatever.....)

The date Jesus died is recorded in the Bible, not in terms of our Gregorian calendar, but in terms of the Hebrew Calendar, as the 14th day of the 1st month (Nisan). That translates to the night of the first full moon after the spring equinox.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Actually, Passover begins at sundown on the 14th of Nisan...thus starting a new day...thus it is actually the 15th when Passover begins...and Jesus was crucified the next morning...so he was also crucified on 15 Nisan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit