Wouldn't have so many converts huh.

by esther 13 Replies latest jw friends

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

I was baptized at the ripe old age of 11. Several years after I was DFed, I met with two elders from my congregation when I was considering trying for reinstatement. I mentioned that I felt it wrong that I was held responsible for a decision made when I was 11. (I was baptized in 1975, before the baptismal wording was changed to make it a contract with an organizational club.)

The elders explained that there was no way they could negate the baptism. However, if I felt I hadn't made a mature decision, I could get re-baptized. I decided against double-dipping.

Ginny

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Esther,
    They are in such a mess, aren't they? I don't think that anything is going to reverse the downhill trend. I pray for the day that the publishing empire folds or it's plants become used by protestant Christianity.
    If you've ever really read the book of Romans, Paul is quite clear that no 'works' that we do gain us salvation. He shows us clearly in the first four chapters that 'even' Abraham and Sarah were saved by faith, no one has ever been saved by the law covenant.
    Therefore, water baptism is just a symbolic act and NOT a requirement for salvation....it is the baptism of the Holy Spirit when we surrender our lives to Christ.
    Amen?
    Rex

• esther
    esther

seven, you say

Please don't give the JW's any ideas. If they start changing things and revoke the disfellowshipped status for those who were baptized under the age of 30, that might mean I would wind up being a JW in their eyes

Now that I have reconsidered, the baptism wouldn't stand. So you couldn't be considered a JW again.
    Anyway, just think of how many JWs could be helped because now they could listen to the information we have.

esther

• seven006
    seven006

<<Now that I have reconsidered, the baptism wouldn't stand. So you couldn't be considered a JW again. Anyway, just think of how many JWs could be helped because now they could listen to the information we have.>>

OK, I see that you are somewhat serious about this. I myself was kidding, but I'll try to be serious for a minute just for you. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nope, waited a whole minute and couldn't think if anything serious to say about it. I deal only with reality and "what if's" are hard for me to work with. BUT, if they did change things Id still think they are goofy. The only thing they do that is half way acceptable to me is, they drink. They drink a lot. At least the elders I hung out with did. I had to quit the religion just to sober up.

I'll try and think of something serious to add tomorrow. Right now I'm in my yellow ducky jammies with bunny feet eating a astronot pop and watching Becker. That's all American stuff, I will have to explain later.

Does the water in the toilet really swirl counterclockwise down there?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit