Christmas Party!

by Gadget 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its my departments christmas party tonight, and I can't wait! We're going to a party night at a local hotel, with a meal and a disco. And I'm meeting some of the lads at 2pm for a few drinks before we meet everyone else, so I'm going to make sure I have a good night. This is my first christmas party since leaving the witnesses, I'm going to have to nip out and buy a santa hat. And an advance warning, just ignor any posts I make tonight because I probably won't be too coherent........

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hey, Gadget, enjoy yourself!! Its our party too! We're going for a meal, but there is no disco. Yawn. Its a little restaurant, we went there last year. Knowing that they always play dodgy italian music on their stereo system, I've resolved to take a couple of party CDs (including my xmas CD) to liven it up. Wish me luck!

Oh and I'm wearing a stunning outfit!! You know those tops that don't have any straps at all - no sleeves? Well I've got one of those - its got "bones" in it and its cream with gold embroidery. A bit revealing cleavage. That with a silky redwine coloured skirt that clings in all the right places.

Sirona

• reboot
    reboot

...you mean they've let him out..............????...........and they're letting him drink........????

* notice to all mods* all Christmas leave will be cancelled until further notice....we're gonna need you guys tonight.............

Chuggerhave fun Gadget, and don't you dare behave yourself...and that goes for you too, Sirona....Christmas Tree

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

Oh yea, christmas the holiday that's base on lies and ignorance is a nice way to have fun in the sight of God and the messiah.. damn did'nt jesus say that you have to watch for his second coming. but um you go ahead and have fun!

• Odrade
    Odrade

whoohoo! I went to a xmas party last night. I got a present even!!! LOL! Isn't it fun?!

Odrade

• Schizm
    Schizm

I think the comments made up above betray what "Christmas" is REALLY all about. It's about the same thing it was when the pagan Romans first originated it, then known as the "Saturnalia". It was just a huge celebration, a time of merrymaking. You people were once JWs. Now you've chosen to ignore the counsel given at Ecclesiastes 7:2-4. The fact that within a few decades at most you are due to die no longer affects you to the extent it should. You've chosen to "go to the banquet house" (party) NOW rather than remain sober by keeping your "heart in the house of mourning" in recognition of the poor state of dying mankind who is in need of a savior. Your sort of revelry is not appropriate at a time when the human family is still afflicted with death. Christendom has attempted to replace the Saturnalia with CHRISTmas, but have failed miserably. It's quite obvious that the pagans aren't about to let go of their Saturnalia, not even if the name of it has been changed to "Christmas".

Ecclesiastes 7:2-4 says:
    2 Better is it to go to the house of mourning than to go to the banquet house, because that is the end of all mankind; and the one alive should take [it] to his heart. 3 Better is vexation than laughter, for by the crossness of the face the heart becomes better. 4 The heart of the wise ones is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid ones is in the house of rejoicing.

• City Fan
    City Fan
    Now you've chosen to ignore the counsel given at Ecclesiastes 7:2-4.

Too right!! That guy would have to be one of the all-time great party-poopers.

Anyway - I'm off to get completely sloshed. Merry Saturnalia!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yep, it's party time in four hours! Course, being a teetotaler, the afternoon nip etc. is just a wee bit out of line for me.. Lots of food here at the OSU Food Science Center. The students really do a whiz bang job so calories will not be wanting!!! Gotta be careful though. Sunday is another gathering. My wife and I are celebrating with another couple. Our fortieth anniversary and their fortythird. We old foggies need to pace our eating for the weekend so tonight will just be a "warm-up".

carmel

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Have fun, but be careful not to drink and drive or do any other stupid stuff like that.

Since I'm still consider a Witness, albeit a weak one, I subscribed myself to just bringing in a dish for the dept's Christmas luncheon.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• reboot
    reboot

Schism. give the guy a break and stop being so pious, your pomposity verges on fanaticism.

Most of us could quote you under the table scripture -wise and we all know the WTBS views on Christmas- and viewing internet discussion boards........

The fact that within a few decades at most you are tp die no londer affects you to the extent itshould. wise and we all know the WTBS's views on the origion of Christmas.

Within a few decades? ah, yes; they've moved the goal posts again, hav'nt they? well, at least our destruction is'nt imminant anymore......

We're are trying to have a release; to make friends and re-integrate ourselves into normal society after the years spent trying to serve a society that now we have found protects wrong-doers and paedophiles.

Much soul-searching was done before we painfully removed ourselves from the lies, deceit, hypocracy and drudgery of serving the concieted hierachy that rules the WTBS and sentences it's inmates to a life of guilt and fear due to badly applied scripture and threats of non-scriptural shunning practices.

Do you remember whats at the very end of the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit