New craze in Nova Scotia this year..TURDUCKIN..

by Special K 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Simon... I love that stuffing in the turkey too.. but a WHOLE plate full might be a little much.

If you do eat a whole plate full.. I would consider you then.. Stuffed! hehe

Frannie... Oh Frannie, I just love it when you talk like that. I was wondering if you heard of Turduckin

since it was invented down there and you came through for me.. with confirmation.

special k

• morty
    morty

I have never heard of it before...

Would love to try it though...does the turkey and duck have the bones taken out?

And I want to know, is it greasy?? I know when I cook duck,I have to cook it up out of the roaster,so the grease drips on the bottem of the pan..

Sounds really good....anyone want to share how to cook it?

Morty

• smurfy
    smurfy

That sounds like a HUGE meal!!!TurkeyChicken 2Duck 3

• elamona
    elamona

It also has Cajun stuffings. You can buy them over the internet. I sent one to my daughter last year. Expensive but worth it. It is a Louisiana "invention". They have been eating it for years. Am originally from there.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Would love to try it though...does the turkey and duck have the bones taken out?

And I want to know, is it greasy?? I know when I cook duck,I have to cook it up out of the roaster,so the grease drips on the bottem of the pan..

Sounds really good....anyone want to share how to cook it?

Morty, the Turducken (turkey-duck-hen) is deboned, already put together, comes stuffed and with instructions for thawing and cooking and can be ordered over the internet (just Google it). It's no more greasy than roasting a turkey either.

Frannie B

• Special K
    Special K

Morton 66... I have never had tur-duck-in before either. But then again, I've never heard of it before either

I'd love to try it too, Morty

Elamona...So I take it from your post that you have eaten it down in Louisiana.. must have liked it to send a turduckin to your daughter.

Smurfy... Yes .. it sounds very huge. 20 lbs of solid meat (no bones)

and slicing something the size of a medicine ball

Frannie...You say to go on the internet and "just google it"..

Don't you mean "just gobble it"? haha

AAh, Man.. I'm just sittin here thinking to myself .. I'd just like to have some Turduckin tonight...

Sounds funny when you say it.

Special K

• Xandria
    Xandria

Bwahahahaaha! I thought it was ducking turds too. GAWD.. laughed so hard I think I hurt something.

X.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Don't listen to Frannie Bananie! She has been nipping the Dr. Tishner's antiseptic again. If you know your Louisiana history, you know that the Cajuns (that's short for Arcadians) stopped off in Nova Scotia before they moved to southern Louisiana where it is considerably warmer. I guess a few must have stayed behind.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Don't listen to Frannie Bananie! She has been nipping the Dr. Tishner's antiseptic again. If you know your Louisiana history, you know that the Cajuns (that's short for Arcadians) stopped off in Nova Scotia before they moved to southern Louisiana where it is considerably warmer. I guess a few must have stayed behind.

LOL, Nav! Dat ol' Doc Tishner's taste like shat, cher! Anyways, since Cajuns is part Haitian, how can dat be?

Frannie B

• morty
    morty

Thanks Frannie..

i am going to check this out!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit