Which is worse: Going in Service or Having a Meeting on a Holiday?

by Room 215 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

I used to dread the prospect of having an evening meeting to to go hanging over my head all day long on a major Holiday, almost as much as being compelled to ``go out in service."

How about you?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I always found the embaressment of being on the serivce worse than the clock watching boredom of the meetings

• gumby
    gumby

Which is worse: Going in Service or Having a Meeting on a Holiday?

Going in service would be worse for me on a holiday. I didn't DO holiday service as I always felt it to be rude and pure frickin insane. I always thought it to be so damn obnoxious to go where you KNOW family is with family, they don't want to be bothered, they are not looking for spiritual advise on that day, and they want to be left alone. If a dub gets screamed at and run off the propery on a holiday........they damn well deserve it.

They being there on that day.....is like the paperazi (wrong spelling) with their cameras "waiting" for the celebreties to come out of the house so they can snap a picture. They need to keep their asses home on holidays and read their own damn magazines and quit buggin people.

Gumby

• Scully
    Scully

A few times when we were growing up, the Circuit Overseer's visit coincided with Christmas holidays. When that happened, meetings and service were not optional, even if it was Christmas and you knew that people were busy enjoying the company of their families or preparing a nice dinner.

I think it was worse when I was a kid, because I'd see other kids having fun and remembered what it was like to have Christmas. There were times when I thought to myself How can this possibly be better than Christmas?

Love, Scully

• Funchback
    Funchback

Even though I dreaded (even hated) going out in Service on a holiday, my method was to knock on the door, hand the householder a tract, and leave.

But, I absolutely HATED and DETESTED my Monday night Book Study (Labor Day and Memorial Day). You're off from work but you can't really relax because all you're thinking about is, "I've got my damn meeting tonight! CRAP!"

The same applies on Thursday nights (Thanksgiving) or any night a holiday falls on a meeting night.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ya know what I think? They're both as bad as each other!

Both are performed in a perfunctory manner so it doesn't matter which ever one is "worse".

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I never went out on service on a holiday. Holidays were MY days to relax. The thing about having a meeting on a holiday is you kinda have to go or else people will suspect that you're celebrating.

• shera
    shera

Service

• blondie
    blondie

Service

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the Field Service for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest