The Elders Are Getting Opinions About Minimus

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• IT Support
    IT Support

There have been loads of thoughtful comments in this thread, I've found them very helpful personally, thank you.

This is the issue, in a nutshell. It's like the Mafia: they won't let you just leave!

I agree with willyloman. At our last CO visit, he made a comment during the elders meeting that we should never destroy the Record Cards of inactive publishrs, as they're always part of the congregation. My heart sank, as I was already planning how to to get out.

And I sympathise with you, minimus: I appear to be in an identical situation to you, now fading. Best wishes, and I hope it isn't the prelude to something worse...

Regards,

Ken

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    if they fade, it'll always be in the background

Good point Ozzie. I've been out for 15 years, and it's always hovering around. In fact, my best friend has been pressuring me to come hear his circuit assembly talk ("new" information about Nimrod and Belshazzar -- yawn). And then there is always the possibility some JW will see the Christmas tree we thoughtfully placed in the front window.

But at the end of the day, I believe you don't live your life in fear. You take your stand, make your point and if you get DF'd, so be it. Then you clean up the pieces and move on and become the person you were supposed to be.

The best revenge is a life that is well led.

• undercover
    undercover

Not related to the thread but I just had to comment on this:

In fact, my best friend has been pressuring me to come hear his circuit assembly talk ("new" information about Nimrod and Belshazzar -- yawn).

How can you have "new" information on Nimrod? Have new Bible books been found? I used to be like everybody else at these talks, soaking up all this "new" information. It wasn't until distancing myself from them that I wondered, "just where does this new information come from if JWs rely on the Bible as their source for all Godly knowledge?"

We now return you to the regularly scheduled Minimus thread.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hey Minimus,

some good responses to your post; I agree with Seattle and Odrade; and add to that the fact that you COULD NEVER give them any rational explanation. In their perspective-YOU would always be wrong, no matter how well you danced.

It is a lose-lose situation with them for you. FADE GRACIOUSLY and do not grant any interviews.

Frank

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

WHAT GOT ME WAS THE TRUE, UNSELFISHNESS, HYPOCRISY IN THEM ALL

• willyloman
    willyloman
    At our last CO visit, he made a comment during the elders meeting that we should never destroy the Record Cards of inactive publishrs

...But the good news is, if he had to admonish them not to destroy these records, it's because these cards ARE being destroyed, or discarded, by a lot of secretaries. In my experience, you can almost COUNT on these cards disappearing over time, especially if the people whose names are on them don't call any attention to themselves. Most elders are overwhelmed with the demands made on them already, and the best way to shave some work is to "lose" things. Think back to all those quarterly elder's meetings when you reviewed your old notes and realized half the "decisions" that got made at the previous meeting never got acted on. Out of sight, out of mind is the operative principal in most cases.

• minimus
    minimus

There's probably a talk about the "Greater Nimrod and Belshsazzar"" being the anointed after 1919.

• toreador
    toreador

New information, new light, spirit directed, inspired. All pretty much the same thing IMO. In their opinion, spirit directed and inspired is totally different.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    FADE GRACIOUSLY and do not grant any interviews.

Thanks, Frank, for that. I've used this phrase several times lately. A classic, and good advice, too.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Occupy them with a list of your questions!

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit