125,725 JW Publishers are MISSING !!!

by Amazing 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steph....LOL.

I'd be seen as "artificially" increasing numbers then, and I wouldn't want to be seen as doing that

I'd rather let the INCREASE show on its own merits.

You're a bad bad man.

# Scoob

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks for that post Amazing.Its hard to find one missing person,,just ask the elders.Hey brother observant where is brother missing?I dunno?So,how can the society make up the missing numbers,by playing the numbers game,the average jw goes along with it.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I'd be seen as "artificially" increasing numbers then, and I wouldn't want to be seen as doing that

Heh, heh! Of course not, Scoob. I've always been a fan of the "honest sinner".

• simwitness
    simwitness
    The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1 Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
    3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

hmmm..... wonder what the WTBS is more concerned with???

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

the memorial attendance is lower than I had thought. this is one of the best counts that I can think of that they hold. It does show some of the inactive and DF'd but it does show a bad sign.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Scooby,

Why do all these "Missing Numbers" worry you so much? Surely if you have done your maths correct, you should see where they've gone. Inactive or Disfellowshipped..

Not sure who you addressed your post to. But in case it was me, the answer is that the "missing numbers" do not worry me ... and yes, it was the point of my post to show they are alive and well as inactive or DF or DA former JWs.

If JWs were staying with the religion, then the 258,825 newly baptized would actually represent close to a 4% growth rate ... in this case, the Society is not cooking the books, they are just expert at burying or not highlighting some glaring negatives.

Jim Whitney

• Loris
    Loris

They aren't missing. The elders know where they are.

One elder at my former KH mentioned to the car group that if they could somehow re-activate the DF'd and inactive dubs in our territory there would be two new congregations. That is a lot of escapees in one little area! Now I have joined the number. He should watch what he says.

Loris

• waiting
    waiting

"Figures tell the truth, as long as crooks aren't using the figures." - old saying

Thanks, Jim, for the unraveling.

The psychologist used by the WTBTS said one reason that the WTBTS wasn't a negative influence on their adherents is because almost as many of them that come in the front door....leave out of the back door. Therefore, the back door must swing open easily. Therefore, the experience really couldn't hurt those leaving that much.

Much like the Moonies experience - according to this man. We had a long thread about him - as the WTBTS used him as their authority.

He said that any religion which could be left so easily with such a large population coming & leaving certainly wasn't a cult - and all those jw apostates are just full of it. (my words - his thoughts)

Of course, he didn't go into the personal aspect of the person leaving.....just percentages.

Merry Christmas!

• Joker10
    Joker10

You need to calculate better. All of the 125,000 'lost' publishers have not left the religoin. There are some who are dead (1%), But what you have not counted was the inactive and irregular activity. You can't possible say that 1/4 of the newly baptized have left. You should come with the percentage by the total number of publishers.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The average publishers is up by 2.2%, but the number of hours spent in field ministry and the number of bible studies is only up by 1.027% and 1.080%. Does this mean that each jw is doing less on the ministry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit