Prophetess

by learning 10 Replies latest jw friends

• learning
    learning

Hi! Could you tell me about the Jehovah's Witness belief in a Prophetess? Thanks!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I once fell into the trap of Deborah worship. She was a sister with the most amazing ass, and she didn't mind a little worship now and then.

Probably doesn't help?

Sorry, not quite sure what you are questioning. Deborah types of old, or Shelby/AGuest types who speak with God currently?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

OOOPS!

I realize that I just confused a "Judge" with a "Prophet(tess)".

Common mistake by people indoctrinated into a religion at one time puppated by a certain "Judge" Rutherford.

• philo
    philo

Learning,

Welcome to the board!

I'm not at all sure what you mean either, prhaps a little context?

philo

• learning
    learning

Sorry, I guess I was a little vague, eh?

I've read much about Jehovah's Witness in Watchtower pamphlets. I also read a little, red, hardback book given me (can't remember the title now)that I would say seemed to be a complilation of the doctrines and teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't recall anything about a belief in modern day prophets, of either sex. but I was recently told that Jehovah's Witnesses DO believe in living prophets, and that much of the religions beliefs come from the teachings of a Prophetess. I visited the live chat room earlier and was told that Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT believe in living prophets, much less a female one. Any further information would be appreciated. Thanks!

• philo
    philo

Huh! You were misinformed if you heard JWs believed in modernday prophets. These people get their asses not-so-prophetically kicked out of dubdom, labelled 'apostates'. OH YEAH.

The only possibility of prophet belief is their idea that the faithful and discreet (Matt24) leads their religion today. But they quickly deny their prophet status every time they misprophecy.

As for prophetESSES, I...I...I'm sorry. LOL. No, really there's NO chance of that ANYWHERE in the JW mind, heart, soul, or most importantly, the corporation.

Seriously though, why do you ask?

philo

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Learning
    I think you misheard and assumed prophets.
    It should really be MODERN DAY PROFITS.

Hope this helps

• Francois
    Francois

Learning, do you aspire to be a prophetess? A modern-day one?

If so, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Best to start your own religion. Everyone's doing it.

Francois

• learning
    learning

No, I'm certainly not an aspiring Prophetess!! I was just trying to understand the religions belief on the subject. The person who told me this was not a Jehovah's Witness, and I was assuming she was just blowing smoke, but I just wanted to be sure, before I told her to quit teaching false things about a religion she doesn't belong to. There isn't much that irritates me more than people trying to tear down the faith of others by teaching false things about other religions. It seems to me that people who do this always get their information from someone who is against that particular religion. Then they tell someone else, and that person tells someone else.....
    funny thing is, people seem to believe whatever they hear, and rarely go to the SOURCE to find out if it's true or not. And often, even when they do, the choose to believe those who are AGAINST the religion and don't practice it, than believe those who are actually MEMBERS of that religion who DO practice it. That's why I came here. I wanted to find out from Jehovah's Witnesses whether or not they believe in prophets (of either sex). Thanks for your help. And God bless!!

• COMF
    COMF
    they choose to believe those who are AGAINST the religion and don't practice it, than believe those who are actually MEMBERS of that religion who DO practice it.

Neither is a reliable source of the truth. Both sides are prone to embellishing the facts. Personal research is the best bet.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit