DUMBO area in Brooklyn says "No!" to watchtower development

by Dogpatch 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

this is just something that was passed on to me from a well connected "Mole" at bethel- from what i am told this is pretty much the deal at this point-

the wt as we know is actually downsizing the size of the bethel family, the days of calling in 10-20 newboys each
    friday are over, in fact the largest group that has been called in to bethel in the last few years are "Professionals"

the days of the Bindery worker are numbered, they are now interested for the most part only in a TECH, COLLEGE OR HIGHLY SKILLED LABOR - the cleaning and laundry are well taken care of-

I recall the Jay st building like it was yesterday, the reason being was when i was at bethel --myself and another guy went over to do an inspection of the plumbing system, gerneral number of raditors, bathrooms etc- while there we both drunk some of the water in the water fountain-

OK we were Dumb A$$es, but it was THE HOUSE OF JEHOVAH- anyway both of us ended up in the infirmary with a server case of kidney infections- my folks ended up coming up there to see, me- all i could drink was cranberry juice-

the word on the street is the wt once again is going to take full advantage of FREE LABOR and start to take a number of it's properties and convert them to Marketable realestate- that building was slated for FACTORY USED, and now they will use it for residential use while at the same time reducing the number of residents in bethel DUHHHHHHHH!!!-

THEY HAVE a number of prime real estates properties that they are considering doing this to-

i know you guys at bethel are reading this post, how does it make you feel to know that you can't keep any secrets at the BIG HOUSE ANYMORE

YEA SOME OF MY BOYS have no problem talking about your plans-

you may want to hide some of those BLUE PRINTS YOU GUYS LEAVE LAYING AROUND SMILE

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The Witnesses have worked with architectural firm Beyer Blinder Belle to match the complex's design to buildings in the area, Devine said.

"We don't want to create animosity with our neighbors," he said.

No, they just want God to kill all of them. LOL

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has a long history of animosity with their Brooklyn Heights neighbors. The WTS has a history of tearing down historic buildings. Have you ever wondered about the brownstone fronts on 117 (?) and the building next to it. The WTS was forced to retain the look rather than put in the modern building they planned on. If you have visited Brooklyn Bethel, you might notice one building is modern. Boy, did that burn up the neighbors and it prompted a closer eye legally on the WTS.

Do not kid yourself about Brooklyn Heights being safer because of the WTS. A police officer told me that the criminals follow the money and Brooklyn Heights is a wealthy neighborhood.

The WTS has all the tunnels to keep the Bethelites off the sidewalks as much as possible (which also irritates the neighbors). The WTS finally built indoor basketball courts for the young male Bethelites because they were hogging all the court time on the local outdoor courts. When you visit Bethel, your host will remind you not to walk 3 or 4 abreast down the sidewalk and mow down the neighbors.

Here's the architectural firm's site. They did redo Grand Central so they have the experience to retain a buildng's historic character.

http://www.beyerblinderbelle.com/projects.html

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Here's the architectural firm's site. They did redo Grand Central

Man! Must have cost a pretty penny of Wordwide Work funds to hire them...

• gumby
    gumby

Randy,

Thanks for for discussing this further on the board.

I was wondering though......how much pull will letters have, from people who do not even live in the area? I see people here from all over willing to help, but won't they wonder why someone so far away would object? They might understand fellow New Yorkers and those near the area voicing an opinion.....but why someone out of the area they may wonder.

Gumby

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I just sent an email to the DUMBO website with a link to this thread. I think that even though this is mostly speculation, it could be useful in some way to their fight.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Hey, all...since the DUMBO residents expressly said they don't want a "fortress" as the heart of their community, maybe someone (who knows the specifics better than I do) should point out that Bethel went into lockdown on 9/11 to keep 'worldy' people out of their buildings......people in NY should react pretty strongly to that...as they have a right to. I'd hate to have a JW stronghold close to my home

• Room 215
    Room 215

Re: JT's comment about Bethel's plans. How do they rationalize this ambitious plan with the announcement that they're relocating printing to their upstate facilities, and to the unannounced de-facto downsizing of the Bethel staff? One senior Bethelite recently told me that in the past year, the worldwide total of Bethel staff increased by just 20-- a drop in the bucket and likely a record low year-to-year increase.

• benext
    benext

I suggest you take a look at the neighborhood and agenda of those who are up in arms before sending any letters.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Good idea, Darkuncle.

I think that former Bethelites would be effective in letter writing, since they have LIVED there and lived with the old guys that promote this stuff. Hey guys and gals, write a letter! I'm writing mine today and will post it later.

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit