What is heaven like?

by greatteacher 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

When I was a Jehovah's Witness I believed only 144,000 people were going to heaven, so I am curious about what others feel about heaven. This question is for those who believe in heaven.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry Greatteacher, I'm of the "no heaven only sky" class.

But it reminds me of a joke:

"What is heaven? -- Old friends talking about memories."

"And what is hell? -- The same, but they have brought their slides with them."

• Aaron
    Aaron

Hello greatteacher,

Peace be with you.

Heaven is very different from this earth and physical realm. It is not bound by time, nor by space. Because of that, you can enter heaven anywhere at anytime because the 'door' to heaven is in our midst. In the earthly realm, we get tired and hungry and have sickness and death and boredom. In heaven, because there is no flesh like the flesh we have now, there is no boredom, no sickness, and no death. We are given a new body made of pure energy called 'spirit body.' This body can do anything. In heaven, things operate at the speed of thought. So if you think of good things, they appear instantly. In heaven everyone also can read your heart and you can read theirs. Everything in heaven is naked and openly exposed so nothing is hidden. Because everyone there is 'good' and even the deepest intermost intentions are good, you have nothing to hide and neither do they have nothing to hide. They love you and really care for you and all that they ask is that you love them. Everyone in heaven loves each other so much that they naturally slave and serve one another. They get MUCH joy out of this because you really feel good about giving more than you do about receiving.

Everything in heaven exists in abundance so there is no reason to be greedy because there is enough of everything for everyone. In heaven they eat food and absorb all of it. The food makes them stronger and gives more life to the life they have. They can go in and out of the physical realm as well as in and out of other realms. All the ideas, all the fantasies, every thought came from heaven. It all started there and it all ends there. The kingdom of the heavens is everlasting and it is much like a magical kingdom that can do anything and everything. The whole kingdom exists because of love and by means of love, all things take place. It is true freedom and true peace, and all the former things cannot amount to anything like it.

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

Can somebody please tell me about heaven? I know a lot of you believe in it!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Currently, I do not believe in a heaven.

• blondie
    blondie

Heaven is being with my loved ones.

Blondie

• Maverick
    Maverick

I know heaven well, her name is ****! Sorry I can't say her name, she might get mad at me and not let me visit her anymore! Maverick

• D8TA
    D8TA

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. There's another path; one that we all must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and it will change to silver glass, and then you see it.

Pippin: See what?

Gandalf: White shores; and beyond them, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Why not try to ask a blind person what a tree looks like or a deaf person what classical music sounds like? There is no reference to define something we haven't experienced personally and even if one of us did there would be no way to explain it to those that haven't.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Which part are you asking about? It's a big place

If you start with Mount Zion - it's vast...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit