Anyone from CT area????????????????

by Sunnygal41 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hello, all you fellow "Apostates"! I'm wondering if there is anyone in CT, around the Middletown/New Britain area on this board...................................

Hollah back!

Terri

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi Terri,

No, not Connecticut, but close.

I post from Huntington, on the North Shore of Long Island. I have not encountered any posters on this board from my neck of the woods.

Frank

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I kind of saw that.........but someone encouraged me to ask anyways............I'm kind of bummed tonite.............I work for the BOE in my area and tonite, I heard a voice I hadn't heard in awhile...........a former elder from my old congregation............his family and ours used to be good friends...........and, too funny, the dispatcher is a witness too, but, when I was one, she would have been considered on the "weak" side......at least when I was in the exalted position of "wife of an elder"................and, I was in shock, and I called her, and she said "well, as long as you talk just about work....." and I was like "thanks", mentally of course............but, it just kind of shook me up...........made me soooo sad.........., anyways, glad ta meet ya............

Terri

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

I am pretty close. Could make the trip real easily. You have a PM.

Edited to finish my sentence

• NewSense
    NewSense

I was born in New Britain. All my grandparents lived there. I went to the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Ct. Now, I live thousands of miles away on the other side of the globe. But my roots are in the Machine Capitol of the World. I had a lot of relatives who worked at New Britain Machine and at the place where they used to make typewriters.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Cool! I was a member of the NB congregation from 1979 to about 4-5 years ago...........can't remember my DF date............when did you go to meetings there?

Terri

• NewSense
    NewSense

Dear Sunnygal:

As I said, I was born in New Britain. Actually, my family moved to West Hartford before I started kindergarten. My J-dub years began in about 1975. I faded around 1977, so I was not in the Borg that long. Sorry to disappoint you, but I never did attend a single meeting at the New Britain Kingdom Hall. While studying, and after baptism, I was briefly associated with the "Boulevard" congregation in West Hartford. It was on a road called "the Boulevard." In the summer of 2001, while on a brief visit to my family in the United States, I passed by the Boulevard kingdom hall in Weat Hartford. I noticed a "for sale" sign in front. I never did find out if they moved or had merged with another West Hartford cong. Did you ever meet anybody from this cong.? Did you know anybody in Glastonbury? Does the name Joaquim (Jack) Fraga ring a bell. How about his wife, Nancy Fraga? Anyway, I'm sorry that I did not make myself more clear in my initial posting. Come to think of it, I know someone who may have attended the New Britain congregation. He was a black guy named Justin Thompson. He also went by the name Christy Thompson. I imagine that he must be about 55 years old now. Did you ever hear of him?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

NS, I am very familiar with the West Hartford Congregation.....don't know the Fragas but I lived next door to an older couple who were members of that congregation for years..........also, their daughter and son-in-law were missionaries in Africa for a few years til they got brain malaria and other parasitic infestations and almost died........all because they felt obligated to stay in their assignment......anyways........nope don't know the Thompson guy..............

Terri

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I became a JW in 1969 in the Springfield, MA area, and later moved out toward Worcester. I remember visiting the West Hartford congregation once or twice when I was young and single (probably mostly hoping to meet some sisters there). Not sure how many West Hartford congs. there were, the one I visited was on Quaker Lane, if I remember right. That would have been in the early 1970's. Haven't been back since. But my father and stepmother lived on New Britain Avenue in Elmwood until she died in 1996 and he in 2000.

I also lived in Milford, CT from 1999-2001. I came out of the JW's (mentally, at least) when my JW ex-wife moved out in 2000, and tried for a while to get an ex-JW support group going in CT. There was a lot of interest, but very few people were deeply interested enough to actually show up for a meeting. In 2001, I remarried and moved to NJ, where I am now. Still only an hour and a half or so from CT, though, so if you set up an apostofest or something up there, let me know.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, NMM, I think that is a wunnerful idea! Why should all the southerners get all the fun? I mean, we New Englanders already have a bad rap about being stuffed shirts, so let's show 'em how its done! By the way, how is it done? LOL! I mean, how do we plan this thing?????????????

Seriously!!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit