How Have You Regained Your Optimism (if you have)?

by bisous 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't know that I'm optimistic. I wouldn't call the JW outlook "optimistic" either though, at bottom it is a very cynical and misanthropic worldview that we were indoctrinated into. The pictures of kids playing with pandas in paradise are window dressing.

Humans are fleshly creatures trying to survive the best they can in an uncertain world. Competition for resources, power, and the like has always been ugly, but competition is the fuel of progress. JW's and the WTS are kidding themselves when they continue to insist that somehow everything changed in 1914. The world was a pretty darn nasty place long before 1914 came along. I think if we could go back in time and witness the carnage of the American Civil War, or the unfathomable tragedy of the Black Plague, or just the general misery of life prior to the 20th century, we would be appalled, and very grateful for what we have.

Speaking of grateful, I think that having an "attitude of gratitude", though that may sound trite or cliched to a pessimist's ears, is the best way to go, and that is the attitude I am trying to cultivate. One day at a time.

• seven006
    seven006

Biscuits,

I'm not seeing a problem here, I think your outlook is great. Not everyone can be optimistic and cheery all the time. Don't you ever watch South Park? Go kick a puppy or something, it's a great release. The hell with all the heavy god stuff, go buy some new shoes.

If you want to know about god stuff call Alan F. Just make sure you bring a pillow to the phone and every once in a while just say ok, aaahua (sp?), and yep. I've been doing it for years and I'm as happy as a freshly kicked puppy.

Take care,

Dave

• bisous
    bisous

Biscuits??? lol ... do your homework, mr.

and you know what, you are right....any excuse to buy new shoes works for me!

• seven006
    seven006

Gimmy a break woman. I have a hard enough time with English. Biscuits is easy to spell and pronounce. It's better than New Chick isn't it?

I quit doing any kind of homework years ago. I'm on a brain VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with chicks and shoes anyway? I have never understood that one. You guys hide them in toilets after all us guys go to bed don't you? That's why you all gripe about putting the seat down isn't it? You don't want us peeing on your shoes. Maybe you should all hide them in the shower instead of th.......no,....... that wouldn't work either would it?

Never mind.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit