I wanted to get a new set of golf clubs, but not like this......

by Makena1 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Other than my Big Bertha 3 wood, and a "tight lies" 5 wood - I wasn't happy with the graphite shaft irons I had purchased 5 years ago. When I did not take my clubs with me on trips, I would rent or borrow some Pings or Calloway irons and seemed to hit them better.

Point of the story, the other day (or night) thieves broke into my garage and stole golf clubs, almost all of my power tools, including a brand new Echo weed wacker. Some of the drills, skil saws and sanders were almost brand new - others were at least 50 years old and good quality, that my dad used when he was a carpenter. In other words, stuff that cannot be replaced due to setimental value.

Other than having a car stereo stolen 3 times when I lived in Los Angeles, we have never had a break in before.

So Mulan, Big Red and others who posted their stories about robberies - I feel your pain, anger and frustration!!!!

Since I did not make a list of serial numbers, or have my name etched on anything that was stolen - what good will it be to report it to the police or insurance?

I guestimate the value of everything to be close to $1,500 to replace. Will have to dig out my homeowners policy to see if I have coverage for this kind of claim, and then make the decision to pursue it or not.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mak

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Mak,.......................yes, it is a terrible feeling isn't it? You are likely covered on your homeowners policy, but like us, you probably have a deductible of about $500, so you will get something. We get nothing, except a lesson to be sure and get a lock for the tank cover. Sorry this happened to you. Your Dad's things being gone must break your heart. I understand.

We had a deck fire about 20 years ago, and Dave rebuilt the deck, shortly thereafter. Several months later his brother asked if our homeowner's policy covered it. Since we had already built the new deck, we thought it was pointless to put in a claim, but I called the insurance man anyway. He said all that is required is for him to believe me, and he did, so we got a nice fat check for the burned up deck.

Try it anyway. You have nothing else to lose by making a phone call.

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((((Makean1))))))))))))))))))

I feel you pain...it really does suck....I myself was robbed as well about 1 month ago....All you can do is report it to the police, then get a hold of your insurance company....Most will not do anything for you, unless you have a police report...It is the stuff that has sentimentel value, that is the kicker.....that stuff can never be replaced....FYI, alot of robbers wait for a claim to made and then come back to steal the new stuff again....Let a little time go by before replacing your things, and get a better security system for your place.....( a dog works well)

Sorry to hear about your pain.....Hoping everything gets better for you and your family

Morty

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

you have my sympathy.

Loosing things with an emotional value are the worst....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit