Are You Intuitive?

by darkuncle29 9 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Have any here had experiences they'd be willing to share?

Do you have a sense of Intuition? Do you use it? Or is it more of a 'Hit or Miss' thing for you?

I was reading Dansk's thread where he flipped off the PO (very nicely done ) and it struck me as an

'Intuitive moment'.

I don't know how it happened. I woke up ok but on the way to the town to do some shopping I felt my persona change for the worse. Claire was driving the car and on the way home, just as we were turning into our street, I spotted the congregation PO and his wife on the other side of the road. They looked straight at us with that "we're nice and smug" look.

I think that most people have some potential, but just do not 'listen' or are not aware of their own minds or bodies to pick up on it.

I do have a sense that I try and be aware of, so I do use it. No, I do not see dead people...at least not yet.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I score very high on the intuitive side when I take (for example) Myers Briggs and personality type tests. I have also found that (for me at least) this talent can be developed. Its always been something that ran very strong for me but I didn't trust it because that would not be trusting in god... but I have since discovered when I listen to it I run about 80 to 85% correct. When I don't listen to it I always wish I had. To enhance this I am also an empath. So, no matter what job I do, I seem to be called into organizational development. In fact I got an opportunity to work as a corporate coach for quite awhile. I was also hired by management at one organization to basically tell them what morale was like and to keep a guage on it (during my tenure as coach).

People have always come up to me and talked to me, strangers sometimes tell me their life stories, I don't know if it's part and parcel of that inuitive/empath thing or I just look like I listen well, or what. But I have definately met some cool people over the years that way.

Gretchen

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have always been freakishly intuitive my Grandmother on both sides had Indian blood and were really scary intuitve. My Mom was very scary too but things that happen to me are just even freakier. I chose to tap into it now I try not too after the experiences of that year I experimented with my gift.Thunder even was freaked.

I did dream about my grandchildren each just a little after conception when no one knew. I dreamed of Mak at 2 and how she would look we were doing normal day to day stuff but her beauty astounded me. I woke crying. She is now 17 months and she is the spitting image of the child I dreamed of. Yes, she was a girl too LOL

My grandson didn't make it to birth but I had dreamed of him. The dream wasn't a clear one nor one of the future it was just that he existed and he was a boy. She miscarried him in SeptemberI wonder if that is why I wasn't given a glimpse of what he would look like.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I score high on intuition on the Myers-Briggs test too. But I think intuition is about what I call "full body observation" rather than noticing just what is INTENDED to be heard or seen. I am always getting to the bottom of things that other people would have no clue where to start. It drives my students nuts. AND, while I don't know how I did on the rest of the exam in Evidence I took last Thursday night, something about the WAY the professor had mentioned knowing when California Rules were different than Federal Rules in evidence got me thinking that there would be something SIGNIFICANT in each of the essays. In studying, I found two "issues" that had lots of rules to them, with a slight twist of difference, and made sure I had my "rules" down. They were both on the test, one on each essay (among other things, but at least I looked really smart on those!), just as I had gambled they would be. Shoshana

• larc
    larc

No, I am not intuitive. I am analytical by nature. Both intuitive and analytical skills can serve a person well. I know that analytical skills have seved me very well. There is no right or wrong personality profile. It is how you use it.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm very good at reading body language, a gift or skill born out of an abusive family. I have been accused of having ESP, hmmmmm.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I used to score very lowly on intuition when I was a dub, but my score is actually fairly high now. Most of my intuition is more perception though, like being able to predict when someone is going to poke their head around the corner from background clues and such.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I don't trust my intuition any farther than I can pick it up and throw it.

For me, it's kind of like praying -- you never know what the answer will be.

• Princess
    Princess

I am fairly intuitive. I frequently know I'm going to run into someone before I do. Several weeks ago I was driving and got the feeling a friend I was trying to get in touch with was driving behind me. Turns out she wasn't but she was across from me at the next intersection.

I often am thinking about someone and the phone rings...it's them. Usually my mom, but happens with lots of other people too.

I knew the sexes of my children long before the ultrasound confirmed it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thank you all for sharing your experiences or ideas.

I have many questions, and will clumsily start here:

Do you think 'perception' and 'intuition' are related?

Princess, does a stray thought just cross your mind about someone, and you know from past experience what that means?

Mysterious, do you think being a JW makes one less aware of intuition, due to beliefs ect.?

SheilaM, if it is not too personal to ask, Why or What scared you about it?

Do you think that your beliefs have anything to do with your intuition?

I have other questions, but think that perhaps they may be to invasive. I am keenly interested in people's minds and how they work.

I am also still working on the social ineptness that is part of the legacy of our past as JWs.

Thank you Gretchen, Sheila, Shoshana, larc, Blondie,Mysterious, Jim & Princess.

nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit