Movie review website Rotten Tomatoes caught deleting 54,000 fan reviews of Captain Marvel

by LoveUniHateExams 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

First, I haven't seen Captain Marvel. I'm not into superhero movies. Low-budget horror made by passionate directors is more my thing.

If you saw the movie and enjoyed it - great.

And I'm sure some fan reviews are motivated by hate or they're just spamming or whatever.

But here's a thing: Rotten Tomatoes has been caught deleting more than 54,000 negative fan reviews of Captain Marvel ... all to increase the negative fan's review aggregate from 33% to 36%.

Social engineering isn't just limited to the long-debunked 'gender wage gap' ... it's happening in entertainment. Movie fans' voices are being silenced.

And let's not be naïve: I wonder how much influence Disney and other organisations have over professional critics' reviews? Don't tell me the answer is no influence at all.

This sort of thing went on in the Soviet Union; it's a little worrying that this kinda crap is happening in free societies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHtQsoGSHg

• Listener
    Listener

My son saw the movie on the weekend. He said that the cinema was about half full which was unusual since it was only released late last week in Australia.

He didn't think much of it and said it was just okay whereas he raved on about one of the previous movies in the series released last year.

Even if there were trolls posting on rotten tomatoes, if individuals have an opinion one way or the other, then let them be heard, it's up to the reader to decide what's genuine and what's not.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

SJWs ruin everything. Literally. Could have been great. Just like Star Wars. But nope.

• Ex-JWs Brazil
    Ex-JWs Brazil

Because she has the ultimate RBF.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Rotten Tomatos is rotten

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Low-budget horror made by passionate directors is more my thing.

Nosferatu!!!!

night of the living dead!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

My son saw the movie on the weekend. He didn't think much of it and said it was just okay - interesting.

I have a mate on facebook who's into superhero movies. He went and saw it and he loved it.

I've watched a few reviews on youtube. Some have criticised the feminist bits, other have said there's hardly any politics in it. A youtuber whom I trust - Lauren Chen, aka Roaming Millennial - said it was ok and the SJW activism was kept to a minimum.

I think a lot of people were put off by the attitude and comments of the lead, Brie Larson.

if individuals have an opinion one way or the other, then let them be heard - exactly. Let people review it and give their honest thoughts. If there are multiple accounts from one source and they all read "This is feminist rubbish. Don't watch this movie. 0/10", then I can understand deleting a few trolls. But over 50,000 reviews - WTF!? XD

Nosferatu!!!! night of the living dead!! - I haven't actually seen those, although the latter is on my 'to see' list.

Lauren Chen's review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNB8hB9-ZW8

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep. I've seen it twice in a week and the second time I took my friends along, (female) and they loved it too.

Its comic book fiction and escapism at its best.

The ginger feline takes the cake alongside Samuel Jackson,,,,,, hilarious, in my opinion.

I loved it and I'm into Marvel and DC movies. My friends who are not, couldn't stop talking and laughing all the way home in the car.

Can't wait for the Avengers sequel in April that appears to be linked to this movie.

And I'm an 67 yo male of the species. ha ha.

jtg.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This is quite a balanced review of the film and commentary of the controversy surrounding it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQNYeOEFJc

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Female Captain Marvel is boring...

Female superhero Jean Grey as Phoenix would be epic though.

My 14 yr old daughter in all her teenage angst said the lead character was an annoying tryhard...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit