Do You Remember This Speaker?

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Do you remember this speaker?

How many people remember the old Laurel Race Track where we had conventions back in the 60's? The air conditioning back then didn't do much good, and I can remember ROASTING from the heat.

Atlantis!
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Never went there

• St George of England
    St George of England

I don't know if Ray Franz ever came to Great Britain but I cannot remember ever hearing him.

Any idea what year this might be? Has to be prior to 1980 when he resigned.

George

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

St George of England:

I think the talk invitation was from around 1976. If anyone out there can confirm please let us know.

Atlantis!

• TD
    TD

I remember Laurel...

Facility was designed around the horse racing schedule, which made it a genuine glass oven in Summer.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

TD:

You said it! Glass oven is a good description! Within 15 minutes your shirt was dripping wet.

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

The assembly’s principal talk, “Will Serving God Solve Your Problems?” also dealt at considerable length with marital problems. (1976--Sacred Service District assembly)

At a district assembly of Jehovah’s witnesses in Laurel, Maryland, an educated man acknowledged: “I

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I remember the assemblies at the Laurel Race track. I think it was about '69 or '70.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Blondie:

dropoffyourkeylee:

Thank you very much!

Atlantis!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I remember going to Laurel in 1975 or 1976. My daughter who was 5 years old at the time loved seeing the horses in the morning before the sessions. It was at Laurel that we went to a Chinese Restaurant for the first time and where my car was broken into at the motel parking lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit