Being positively recognized

by menrov 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

I agree too, since my awakening & fading I donate more to charities & when I see homeless people asking for money I give them & leave it on their conscious as to what they want to spend on...

My coworkers have said I looked less stress & anxious, I actually engage in their conversations alot more & don't judge them or what they do in their lives, not my business. ..

• New day
    New day
    I think what has been mentioned about returning to your authentic self is spot on. I have pulled back a lot in the last year or so from involvement in the cong, resigning as an elder, partly due to family stuff, which I gave as the reason. When I was a teenager, before getting baptized, the future seemed very interesting. Unknown, exciting, out there. After many years as a witness I felt all my personality being sucked out of me, as especially as an elder you are expected to act in a certain way. Now, even though I still attend meetings, I am seeing "worldly" people in a different light. They are just other people, some good, some bad. And I can feel aspects of my younger self reappearing. I am actually feeling things again!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

YES! YES! Great thread!

I too have been told this many times recently. I am milder, not critical, kinder, etc!

I am also not stressed, or anxious, not uptight or judgemental!

I see the beautiful qualities in all people in my community, and don't look down on anyone simply because their "faith" is different.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A couple years into my fade, my wife commented that I was a lot nicer than before.

Probably was a factor in her fade, now that I think about it.

• hyacinth
    hyacinth

Hi I am new here and this is my first post.

this is a really good topic.

I remember about 13yrs ago my dad was at what he considered his most spiritual low because he wasn't reaching out in the congregation as an elder or servant and I noticed it was so much easier to get on with him. Sadly before his death in 2009 he was reaching out to be an elder again so he was becoming increasingly harder to deal with.... saying to me once that if you aren't preaching regularly you will die at Armageddon (thankfully I knew he was way off mark there) ... he died of a massive heart attack on the platform.

Anyhow as for my own personal experience whilst still being a JW I have also decided that I was going to rely on my intuition on many things and personally I believe that is a God given thing that overrides any religion and by doing so gradually over the last few years I have been able to find my authentic self. I can say whilst still having to battle anxiety on some levels I have not had significant depression in 1.5 yrs! And I attribute that much to finding a community that I felt safe to get to know a variety of people from all walks of life. I have been able to develop friendships with non-witnesses and still maintain my relationship with my God. It has been only recently with the Australian Royal Commission that my eyes have been opened even further and all the pieces to this puzzle are falling into place. The last shreds of guilt and control have fallen away because I know this organisation is just like the rest of religion and I don't have to answer to them.. Having these friendships I am bolstered up and made to feel like a great and valued person,Yet all my life I have felt terribly below the mark of the standard so having these beautiful people from so many varied backgrounds and belief systems appreciate me in their lives and vice versa is absolutely wonderful. It brings balance and harmony to my life.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Welcome Mrs Bouquet, yes it is good to get back in touch with your intuition isn't it.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hyacinth - Welcome to JWN~! I'm glad you found us and even gladder to hear a bit of your story.

I had an experience that played a very small roll in my awakening when I was pioneering. After about a year of regular pioneering, a friend/coworker commented that usually, for most people, when they become more involved in their church, they become MORE kind, loving, easy-going, etc. But, he noted, that wasn't happening for me - at all.

I was taken aback, slightly offended, and felt a little guilty that people were not seeing the 'fruitage of the spirit' in me and thus I was maybe bringing small reproach on Jehovah's name.

I felt there was noone for me to talk to about this change in my personality so the comment just hung in my head and festered.

I am so much happier now. Less stressed. Less worried about the future.

AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit