The purpose of conversion testimonies and stories

by LeeT 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LEE T:

I never believed the stories in the magazines!

The purpose of those convention testimonials was to get JWs in the audience to think about pioneering. These stories about people who supposedly passed up college education or career opportunities always made me sick and I wasn’t swayed by any of them.

Also, the people on stage were usually young enough to get their life back on track when they find themselves broke in year or so. What you won’t hear about are those who had to get off the pioneer list at some point.

The tragedy is if lifelong pioneers have reached retirement age recently and realize they cannot retire!..But, this didn’t come as a surprise to them - they were just hoping the ‘system would be over’ by this point.

• hoser
    hoser

These stories (experiences) are not unique to Jehovah’s witnesses. They are used as a motivational tool by salesman to make their targets(prospects) feel bad about themselves and purchase the product they are pitching. Same thing in big companies this division is doing blah blah profit and you need to work harder. It’s all unverifiable bullshit that keeps manipulative pricks at the top of the heap and us trusting suckers at the bottom.

• JWTom
    JWTom

I know first-hand of specific experiences that were given to encourage but the person the experience was about was no longer a JW. They left and wanted nothing to do with the organization. But the experience was still given due to how they came into the organization, etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The purpose of JW conversion stories are to convince the rank-and-file that proselytization still actually works (despite any stats to the contrary).

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think it's worth pointing out that JW "experiences" are dished out to the already converted since the public generally avoid the KH.

So the life stories of individuals are about the unbelievable blessings showered down from heaven only on those who heroically carry out the wishes of the organisation. (excuse me while I vomit)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I personally know of experiences that were given at CA with people I knew as complete BS and so called exemplars in the congregation who we knew were living double lives.but couldn`t prove it if we had to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit