2 Tim 3:5

by Lost in the fog 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The organisation is very quick to point the finger at churches but gets aggressive if you point out that it equally applies to them.

Here's an example : “Having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power.”​—2 Timothy 3:5.

QUOTE : Bible truth has the power to change lives. (Ephesians 4:22-24) But some of the most ungodly acts take place under the veil of religion. A tragic example is the sexual abuse of children by the clergy. According to The New York Times, a lawyer in the United States “says he has 200 cases pending in 27 states on behalf of clients who say they were molested by priests.” Truly, any form or pretense of godly devotion these clergymen display is exposed as mere hypocrisy by their wicked works. g95 4/22 4-8.

But when I try to shake a friend awake with the recent disclosures about child abuse in the organisation he says it is all apostate lies, because it has never happened.

Such blinkered self-righteousness does my head in. 😢😢

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

it-2 p. 206 Last Days - "The words “last days” or comparable expressions are sometimes used in connection with the apostasy that was to be experienced within the Christian congregation."

In other words, everything Paul wrote at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 was describing the situation of Christians.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    But when I try to shake a friend awake with the recent disclosures about child abuse in the organisation he says it is all apostate lies, because it has never happened.

Nazis also deny the the holocaust ever happened! Do you think it happened?

just saying!

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The Fall Guy,

Except you stopped too soon in the Insight Book, the part you refer to is only (they say) about the 1st century Christian congregation; because the next section in the book goes on to describe how the Org was cleansed (after 1919) and the apostasy is only among the "professed Christians" outside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit