What more do they need to see?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognac
    cognac

Blondie - I agree but they also sold books back then. This donation arrangement has been their greatest downfall.

On the other hand, you might be right. If they sold a good amount of more real estate, cut back more on Bethelites, Special Pioneers and print, they could probably do it.

They'd lose a lot of people, but, there's always other people that would join.

In my opinion, they are still not making nearly the necessary cutbacks. I think in 2016 there will be a lot more. In my opinion, double what we saw in 2015.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born around the same time as you dear Blondie, and I remember it being exactly as you describe. As you say " And the WTS survived.."

The thing is that the model they had then was entirely self-supporting at the local level, and the money sent in for Literature paid for the Bethel homes and print works around the world.

Over the decades they have become a top-heavy Org. to some degree, though the R&F JW's footed the bill O.K for a good while, but as noted above, the assured profit on literature was lost to them, and relying on donations seems not to have worked.

They can still sell property, and get rid of more staff, including C.O's perhaps, replaced by entirely self-funded power junkies. But eventually they will still have a cash flow problem, as a leaner, smaller Org gets less in donations than at present.

JW's that are hanging on in there must be perplexed, and not a little anxious.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They cant have it both ways.

The repeated claim of financial security and abundance of money is supposedly proof of "God's Blessing".

So if the money is drying up, then how can they spin the years of those claims?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit