Pand€mi£ Contribution$

by snare&racket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hi everyone, hope all are well :)

Just wondering, with all these zoom meetings and cancelled assemblies, just how the financial contribution system works in 2020?

I obviously am wondering if it will have a huge impact on the WT org.

Can someone kindly summarise how contributions are managed nowadays, both officially and anecdotally in KH's.

I was last attending around 2004, where there were x2 contribution boxes, the World Wide Work and KH Fund. They had just started heavily pushing gift aid (charity tax benefit in UK).

Thank you!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Online to the jw.irg sight you can look up your local congregation and donate through them. I have no idea about fees, float until the money transfers, or such. The other choice is for the world wide interests. The lions share if the local donation is pledged right back anyway.

Wife (pimi) and I donate only to the locals.

• Littlewilly
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Wife (pimi) and I donate only to the locals

And they send any surplus beyond minimum utilities, etc to Mother

• Overrated
    Overrated

Donate, Donate Tony Morris needs more Scotch.

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

Since they've asked kids to give up their candy money, how are they suppose to do that now ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From what I’ve heard, donations are up during the pandemic, astonishingly enough. Whether that will be sustained is another question.

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

The Watchtower Corporation, 150 years of lying and deceiving people putting their hands into the pockets of those who they've lied and deceived $$$

• Biblestudent1
    Biblestudent1

Donations are up maybe 20% but then meeting attendance is up around the same so it’s not a huge swing

Expenses are largely the same which I do not not understand. The branch paid for the zoom licences. There is no heating or light in the locked up KH so where is that money going?

The congregation doesn’t keep this surplus. There used to be an arrangement in our congregation that if the account balance went over a set amount the rest went to the Branch. Worked fine and that existed for years.

A few months ago there was a open vote that an amount per publisher would be donated each month. No matter if donations are up or down the branch gets a set amount. Like paying a mortgage lol

what I didn’t like here was the raise hand voting system on zoom for all to see. If you have concerns how do you raise them? Should have been secret ballot. Passed 0 against, 1 abstain, everyone else for it. I found it high pressure

It’s possible to do secret polls in zoom, I’ve seen it done but the elders choose not to do this
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

As someone long left, it seems bizarre that the god who made the universe, would be counting on a zoom vote to keep the presses printing. When I left, JW's were still very much of the 'old light' that when they start asking for money, that is the day theynhave lost gods favor.

Absolutely bananas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit