We give more to the Watchtower Society than for our local KH

by James Jack 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

James Jack. I hope that you've disguised that set of 9 numeric variables because one of headquarter's IT folks can put the ones you've here disclosed into a computer search expression that can pinpoint your congregation -- hence, you.

Len

• TheListener
    TheListener

If I understand right your hall with about 75 publishers sends in about 1,300 to the society and uses an additional 500 or so for local expenses each month, for a total donation from the congregation of about 1,800 a month.

So 1,800 / 75 = 24. Of course every publisher doesn't contribute, I never did as a teen unless my parents gave me some money to put in the box. So that means some publishers are giving more.

24 or something a bit more a month doesn't seem like much to contribute even for a dub. I could see this makes sense on an average basis.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

In Australia at the moment our exchange rate is only at about 70 cents against the US dollar. That's down about 40% from its peak 3 yrs ago.

That's 40% less US dollars the wts is receiving from Australia even though donations in AUS dollars haven't changed.

If you factor in the exchange rates of other countries I would guess it would be nowhere near 1 billion USD per year.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I'd like to expand a little on a quote from former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright:

"There's a special place in hell for the Governing Body for their love of money and greedy state of mind."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After the 1 billion dollar windfall the WTS is going to make this year upon selling its most valuable properties in Brooklyn New York , do you think they are going to reinstall those special pioneers they let go recently ?

I've been directly and indirectly involved withe WTS. for over 50 years and never seen it so focused on cultivating money before.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Freeandclear... The money seems (to me) to be going to pay their legal fees and payouts to victims of sexual abuse.
  • sir82
    sir82

That's $8568 a year. If there are 120,000 Congregations, that would come out to over a BILLION DOLLARS a year of tax free money!!!!

Well, of course congregations in 3rd world countries (where perhaps median income is something like $300 per year) don't contribute even 10% of that amount, but the general point is well taken - $hundreds of millions in income every year, especially when you factor in money donated at assemblies & conventions.

Where is all that money going?

• James Jack
    James Jack

My figures did not include Assemblies and Conventions, so that number could easily be doubled!!!

FatFreek 200510 hours ago

James Jack. I hope that you've disguised that set of 9 numeric variables because one of headquarter's IT folks can put the ones you've here disclosed into a computer search expression that can pinpoint your congregation -- hence, you

I thought about that for just a second. With some many congregations( I have check around and many mirror my figures), I feel pretty safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit