Mark Toutjian International Gilead Child Molester...

by cyberjesus 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

In the 80s there was an Bethel Elder in the Mexico Branch, he was graduated along with his wife Ruth Becerril from Gilead school. He was in charge of MEPS and the whole computer department..

He then started had sex with a 14 year girl in his congregation in the city of Texcoco Mexico...

He was then DF and kicked of bethel but his wife stayed. I think she is still there.

He then moved to USA took the girl with him and married her and a couple of years later was re appointed an elder again.

I saw a news article that an elder ex bethelite computer consultant from concord ca with the same name was charged on 1999 by the fbi for having sex with a minor in texas.. Both from the same city elders JW and computer consultants...

I wonder what happened with his case.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Boy that's a name from the past. My family has known the Toutjians for years; I don't personally.

I didn't know about this story. Eeesh.

• Simon
    Simon

That he's allowed to marry her just boggles the mind.

• cha ching
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I knew of him and his family... This FBI matter just "disappeared"

• under the radar
    under the radar

Well, ya know, the Bible says if you get caught raping an unengaged girl, you can get out of it by marrying your victim and paying a fine to her father. No mention of whether she has to consent or even any restrictions on what age she has to be for this get-out-of-stoning card to apply. The only real punishment is the perp could never divorce his "bride."

So this guy didn't really do anything wrong because, you know, Bible principles. Sheesh!

Now that this has come up, it reminds me of something the Borg once put out about not being hasty to accuse someone of child abuse. The gist of it was to say the elders need to consider the relative ages of the parties and the circumstances. It includes an admission that even some who are prominent in the Borg have been accused of such things, but it wasn't really that bad because, "he may have even married the girl." I wonder if this particular case was what the blurb was referring to. Hmmm...

If I can find that exact letter dealing with this, I will post a link if at all possible. Anybody know which one I'm talking about?

• titch
    titch

Just a question: Is/was Mark related to Harold Toutjian? I do remember Harold T. in my local area of Southern California. Best Regards, Everyone

Titch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit