Wow...not even sure this qualifies as a "fade"

by respectful_observer 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I'm posting this both as an anecdote and also to see if, by chance, this person reads this site. (If you do, it'd be great to catch up since you now live fairly close to me!)

I've got a friend who until very recently was actively serving as an elder in hall close to Bethel, and on a body heavy with Bethelites. He suddenly moved out of the area, providing different explanations, and different destinations, to different people. As soon as he moved, he canceled all social media accounts and changed his cell phone number. Not even his family had means of contacting him or knew exactly where he moved. He has not been to a meeting since, his old body of elders has not been contacted by any new congregation or received any requests to move his publisher card elsewhere.

Everyone-- friend, family, old congregation are completely flummoxed. He was an active, engaged elder one day, and completely off the grid the next.

Brings a new meaning to entering the "witness protection" program.

• besty
    besty
    love it...
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Great story. I hope it has a happy ending!
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Smart man
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hope he's OK.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

It happens quite a bit!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Hope he's OK.

He appears to be. One of his parents finally got in touch and was told he wanted to be left alone.

I feel bad for him. He's a really nice guy who obviously is dealing with significant issues and feels like he has to literally cut off everyone in his life. I just wish he knew that there are people he could talk to that won't judge.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes 'respectful_observer' , he does indeed have people who will provide him with support and love.

He is not alone, nor should he feel the need to isolate himself.

I hope he is reading this.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"feels like he has to literally cut off everyone in his life." - respectful-observer

Ha ha ha.....sounds like REVERSE SHUNNING to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit